Fyi

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I was called by a customer inquiring about a AC compressor for his 1992 LS400. I asked him if he want it brand new or reman. He stated brand new. So I called up my vendor and was told a brand AC compressor for the above year without the clutch is $1,350 USD.

I dropped my jaw..... after a while i picked it up..... WOW.... What? How much? Never mind....lol

Did you ask the guy who gave you the quote: "Are you out of your mind?"?

I wonder if the expensive replacement parts of the Lexus cause the price of the used Lexus cars to drop quickly. Any idea?

The worst are the oil filters. (Lexus charges $31 for a $4.50 Toyota filter).

The king is the AVS suspension's found in the LS & ES back in the day. If you want massive sticker shock. Price restoring the AVS suspension lol! Bringing them up to spec literally costs more than some of the cars are worth at this point.

Though i have to say, i love it when you call a dealer and they tell you the absurd price in such a calm manner as if that is perfectly normal or something... “ so you need those little washer sprayer nozzles for the hood, well that will be $56 each plus tax and shipping and they will be here in 5-7 days and you have to drive 30 miles to pick them up.”