Fuel tank pressurising. Problem or normal

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

My current set up incorporates an in-tank Walbro GSS342 which supplys the standard 1UZFE fuel rail and pressure regulator, returning the unused fuel to the bottom of the tank. So far pretty normal.

Originally my Volvo ran fuel injection and had a charcoal cannister with a return line to the tank. The 1UZ doesn't have this. This unused return line I've just looped from the tank to the fuel filler neck breather. The filler cap allows air in, but not out.

So now the system is fully sealed and as a result, the tank becomes pressurised but I'm unsure how much pressure is normal. Should there be a pressure release valve incorporated into the system or leave it as is?

Fuel tank pressurising Problem or normal

Coming to a page near you:I Do have a question though, on my old fuel tank there is the fuel pump I havent yet received the new tank yet so Im not sure if the fuel pump is going to be included on the tank so the question I have is can I pull the fuel pump out of the old tank and install it on the new tank?

My current set up incorporates an in-tank Walbro GSS342 which supplys the standard 1UZFE fuel rail and pressure regulator, returning the unused fuel to the bottom of the tank. So far pretty normal.

Originally my Volvo ran fuel injection and had a charcoal cannister with a return line to the tank. The 1UZ doesn't have this. This unused return line I've just looped from the tank to the fuel filler neck breather. The filler cap allows air in, but not out.

So now the system is fully sealed and as a result, the tank becomes pressurised but I'm unsure how much pressure is normal. Should there be a pressure release valve incorporated into the system or leave it as is?

I have the same thing as you, on the IS200 there is a charcoal cannister, but on the 1UZ im useing there is no pipe work for this, so there for i have left the pipe comeing from the cannister open, and all seems ok, i get abit of air come out the tank when i fill up but then i used to get that before i did the engine swap...

V8 IS200 marcus, do you use an in tank pump as this adds to the heat/pressurising of the tank. I'm thinking that some venting is required, but limited, so some pressure can be maintained but not excessively.