Fuel Pump Resistor..

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Big

Ok I have a fuel pump resistor and a SC lex..what I would like to know is...can i just hook this up to the trigger off the ecu and run the fuel pump as it is suppose to be..? part number i got is 23080-62010 off a 3VZ-FE camry..I'm thinking this should be fine..but as you know..I'm no genius..LOL and this is my first attemp at a conversion..Cheers

You don't actually need it, the motor will run fine with only high speed.
If you do want to use the resistor you might need to make some rough calculations -
My assumptions are that on low speed the resistor drops the voltage to 9V and that your pump on 12V is rated at 5A. That means you need your resistor ohmic value to be around 0.6 ohms (Vdrop/Iload), and be rated at at least 15W (Vdrop x Iload) .

You can easily measure the resistance, but the wattage will be difficult if it isn't written on it... I'm guessing that if it was a resistor from a similar application the power rating will be fine. Check it out and see.

Hope that helps,

Muzz

I have a factory fuel pump control for a soarer - part number 89570-24010. The soarer ECU has trouble holding a standard relay as it has a FPC output not a FPR like early LS (celsior) and crown. I will try and get out to find the cooling control this weekend as well. Cheers

Thanks gloverman..Have got my EZ wiring kit and I'm going to have to get some relays to set this up correctly..this is what I think I'll need..Also Muzz the resistor i have is 0.73ohms...might work.or just keep it simple and run @ full pressure with relays etc..

1x EFI relay @30 amp..?
1x Fuel pump relay @ 10amp?
1x Starter solenoid relay @ 30 amps?

I been looking through the drawings and they do point to relays but don't give any values..? can anyone give me a idea as to what I'd need..:1zhelp: I have been browsing here for weeks now and still get lost looking for stuff..LOL

Got real excited today after fixing the cut wires to the alternator and starter motor..I made up some new ground points and attached to the motor,chasis..plugged the battery on and found the start solenoid wire to hot wire the starter motor to check it turned over properly and I got real horny when she went round and round..making all the right noises..just makes me want to finish this asap so I can go for a spin..keep ya'll posted cheers

To briing things into perspective..the BJ70 landcruiser was all 24 volt,I have pulled everything out and starting afresh,which means there are no relays(all the others were 24 volt)so essentially I'm needing to setup the electrics again..which also means I can make things very simple,which is where I want to go..easy to fix and maintain..
Roughly how many relays would I need and amperage to get tis mule going..LOL basiclly only the engine side of things is needed... as there is nothing else to get going that would use a relay except for the fuel pump..My question is this..
Ignition needs a relay (30amp) to ignitors etc
EFI needs a relay (30amp)
Starter motor needs a relay (30amp)
Fuel pump needs one (10 amp)
Horn needs one (10 amp)
lights (20 amp)
I think thats about it..any one care to add or correct me..please do.I'm getting really amped about this and will be awesome for me to finish..

Cheers Keri