Frozen Door

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

a.Lpha

Okay, this happened last year and when the car heated up the door thawed and closed per normal. Same problem this morning, the car sat at the airport over night, and after i opened the door it froze and wouldnt close untill i had the interior of the car really warm so it could thaw. What can I do to prevent this from happening?

Well, I've found that I can at least lock the door from the outside to prevent it from opening any more... though that really isn't a solution. I've got no other car with winter tires, so anybody with any ideas that would be fantastic!

It's the claw that seems to be freezing open... i'm really going quite crazy over this, infact it's preventing me from driving this car, and forced me to buy winters for a car I didn't even want to drive in the snow. Would a new latch mechanism solve this issue? does anybody have any ideas?

This is just an idea but what if the "claw" is freezing when cold because it has lost it's grease/lubrication over the years and is frosting to the surounding metal. gotta remember ur door latches are lub'd from the factory and it's been 15yrs since then.

Such a simple, idea, really too bad I didn't think of that I'll buy a solvent and then something to get it lub'd up tomorrow... thanks a lot!