from floor to column shift

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redsx

Hi Guys any one set up the crown auto on a column shift, probably going to use 70's chev steering column. not much room on the floor for a floor shift in the hotrod. Just want to see if anyone else has done it, before forking out money. As they are expensive in OZ.

If you want to try hard enough anything can be made to work.

From memory KDog used the stock Falcon shifter with the A340/1 so I would guess a Ford column may be agood starting point plus they would be more plentifull and cheaper.

both 70s era holden and ford stuff use a single arm shifting auto box, so in essence - yes, you could definitely make it work using these two brands which should account for C4, C6, FMX, trimatic, TH350/400 etc.

from memory, the torqueflites and powerglides use a different shifting mechanism altogether. but, my memory aint that great.

60's and 70's Crowns also used Column shifts.
They can be adapted to work with new stuff.

Attachments

• 1uzbellhousing.JPG
    1uzbellhousing.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Pivotsetup.JPG
    Pivotsetup.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 5
Thanks guys, I wanted a simple column without all the headlight/wiper switches etc. but need the tilt function as there is not much room in the rod. I have the crown column from the half cut but too big and bulky. I also have an EA falcon one but neither have column shift plus they have the clutter I am after the plain simple look for the old car. I will try to score a HQ holden to try first off as the crown looks to be just a 3 speed shift pattern just have to mount the electric overdrive/ econ switch some where

G'day to a fellow ACT 1uz'r

redsx said:
Hi Guys any one set up the crown auto on a column shift, probably going to use 70's chev steering column. not much room on the floor for a floor shift in the hotrod. Just want to see if anyone else has done it, before forking out money. As they are expensive in OZ.
G'day REDSx from a fellow ACT 1uz'r. You may have problems getting a clean and simple tilt column, but as the guys said, any older style hq or ford one will do. I the rod ones at Aud$1000 they are too dear.

If you want to chat, garage crawl or just throw some ideas around, pm me, I live in Richardson. Love to check out your project.

Eddy