fitting a 1uzfe to a skiboat

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
nice one jordys ski boat

Just checked out your boat.. I'll show the old man some time soon.
Dave's bringing up a present for 'ya!
ciao for now. :)

i have just brought a zf marine transmission for my boat now i have to modify the bellhousing that use to fit the powerglide the reason i am changing the gearbox is the powerglides sump was to big and i needed to lower the motor into the hull a bit more to make room for the supercharger also i will get a better prop angle with the zf gearbox which will help the boat go better i will have some photos of the supercharged motor soon

I'm considering a project like this but it would be with the 2uz motor with the trd s/c when we get a skiboat and a lake cabin.

BTW,
How hard is this swap to do.

to fit the transmission to the 1uz you have to shorten the bell housing and bye a marine drive plate. i made my own fly wheel because the 1uz flex plate is to light and you need mass to spin the gearbox or it will vibrate at idle with the flex plate its a pretty easy job to do.

Jordy,

i have a 1uz vvti on the way. i am able to modifiey the bellhousing to fit the omc stern drive in the bayliner its going in but i am not sure on the fly wheel mods. how did you do it? did you remove the gear tooth of the flex plate from the original factory auto or did you start from scratch.
also where did you buy the heat exchanger from and how much. i still havent seen any photos of your blown install yet, is it finished, and what speed did you get?. Should i do anything to my motor before i put it in, timing belt? water pump or pulleys?.
Many thanks
Paul
(Bayliner 1uz install)

hi there
i cut the ring gear off and turned up my own flywheel and welded the ring gear onto
the new flywheel the then got it balanced.
the heat exchanger is 1000$ from NZ they are a very good heat exchanger.
my boat will be finished soon i have been flat out with work
i think your boat will go really well with a leg on it
the best bloke to speak to is loyd brewer from rolco he makes all the parts for the 1uz
brackets, mounts heat exchangers etc his number is (03) 9308 0922

do you think that the engine requires a fly wheel to run properly and to idle smoothly,
i am unsure wether or not to make one even though mine is going through a stern drive leg.

Paul

I saw a heartbeat hull with a lexus V8, and mercruiser leg. The owner only used a flex plate and said it idled fine. Never actually went for a run it myself. He had an Autronic running it. If you used a idol controle valve, it would idol even better.

i am using the microtech ecu (i think) i am unsure what idling control this has.i would rather save the weight (and time) and not fit one. the only problem is that my leg is the 1990 omc leg, operates with a dog clutch. old engine set up required a small micro switch to shut down for a split second when you changed into gears etc. this means the idle needs to be down at around 650 rpm in order for this to work properly. Do you have any contact details for the guy with the mercruiser leg? it would be a big job to rip the engine back out and fit the fly wheel later. would love to leave the flex plate standard.
Paul

Noddy im running my 1uz on an alpha leg and no flywheel. Idles fine, slips into gear just fineActual engaging gear is now way better that the old 3.0 litre chev with the 10kg flywheel. Dont need to use the interruptor switch either. Engages and disengages fine.

I have a full 1UZ to Mercruiser kit spare ready to go.

Includes bellhousing, coupler, adapter plate and drive shaft. All you will need. PM me if interested.