Fabricated sump

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I don't have a cad drawing myself as my profile cuter has them when we have base plates cut for the sumps we build. What vehicle are you making the sump for? Cheers

Gloverman, these base plates you get, do they include the connections for the bell housing? After my trial fitting of the 1UZ into a Volvo 242, the original rear sump is useless so I have to start from scratch. To give you an idea of what I'm up against, only the back half of a rear sump metal bowl would fit behind the cross member.

As I see it, all the sump bolts will have to be on the outside of the flange and the inside edge of the flange would need to be straight and not follow the casting of the motor. Also a large rectangular section would need to be fabricated to sit behind the cross member, but the connection to the bellhousing would need to be considered as I'm using a manual gear box.

Do you have any pictures of the flange and any of the sumps you've made. What cost would there be in getting a flange from you and what material would you suggest.

Cheers

ive got a stainless (5mm?) flange sitting on the floor next to me - open to offers on it!

ive also got a cad file for the flange.

no pics of the plain flange design, only my scraper, but you get the idea

crank_scraper_0001.jpg

The fourth photo in this thread shows one of the sumps we have made
http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10506&highlight=kzh185

We don't always include the lower gearbox bolts in the sump. It isn't practical every time and we are yet to have a problem. We make them to clear the front diff on IFS hilux and being 4x4 if there was going to be a problem we would soon know about it. They are about 5mm though I would consider going a bit thinker. Cheers

Attachments

• IMGP3087.jpg
    IMGP3087.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 17
  • IMGP3122.JPG
    IMGP3122.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 262
  • IMGP3120.JPG
    IMGP3120.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMGP3119.JPG
    IMGP3119.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 258
  • IMGP3118.JPG
    IMGP3118.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 262
  • IMGP3116.JPG
    IMGP3116.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 256
  • IMGP3117.JPG
    IMGP3117.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 253
What are people doing as far as coating there sumps. Hi-temp paint, powder coat etc? I would have thought the oil on the inside would stop rust and I'm not sure I want to chance paint flaking off inside the engine?