Estimating Eaton boost and pulley change

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

uzz32pete

I have a draft page on estimating boost (Eaton M90 and M112) for the 1UZ-FE and changing the pulley on an Eaton Supercharger.
http://planetsoarer.com/boost/boost.htm

Needs more work. Jaguar quote 278 flywheel kW for a 4.0 L V8 with an M112 twin intercooled 9:1 running 11.5 boost - so some of the estimations need work!

Right now I'm tossing up:
  1. what sort of pulley to get
  2. What size
  3. Modular or press fit
  4. Steel or anodised aluminium
  5. What size pulley and what boost to put on my 1UZ-FE with 10:1 compression and twin water/air intercoolers
  6. Will the belt slip
  7. where can I get a gatorback belt.
  8. Which pulley puller to get
  9. Or to get one made
Lot's of things to find out! Changing the pulley will change the alignment of the whole blower, so this is the next thing I have to sort.
Anyway have a look and feedback would be great.
cheers
Peter Scott

Pete,

Nice work and great info too. You might also want to include CFM Vs. RPM for the supercharger. There are few other factors like effeciency and CFM. Great info nevertheless.

Check out the Kenne Bell (?) site they have great articles on pulley sizing and a good disection of the problems of alloy pulleys.

i only got home yesterday from 3 weeks in Europe so do not have my mind fully functional.

I will post the address when I go to work.

You could search under Kenne Bell!

You can buy a book on supercharging which is full of formulas to help with all your decisions. Again the details are at work.

Gazzasore,

I have his book which I have sent down to Jordy.

It is a great read and is full of very interesting stuff.