Engine starts then dies

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redrocco

I have the 1UZ out of a 1992 SC400 swapped into my 1986.5 supra. Last fall I was at the taco bell drive through and the car started to idle slow. I found that if i held the petal down slightly that it corrected the problem. About 2 minutes later the engine just shut off. I had just put gas in the car so i figured maby it was bad gas. So I had my buddy bring me 5 gallons from a different station and after 15 minutes or so the car started but I had to keep the revs up over 2000 to keep from stalling.

I parked the car for the winter and have just started working on the supercharger setup. I wanted a walboro 255 pump and all new filters for this anyway and hoped that might fix the problem. It dident so the car still needs help. It will start but then die withen seconds. I checked the impedance of the coils and they were in speck. I dont think that its a plug or plug wire problem. So what could it be? TPS, IAC, FPR, cam or crank sensors.

I cant check codes or use a scan tool because its a swap and the custom harness was made for me by Phoenix Tuning so its probably not a wiring problem. So dose any one have any ideas.

I have just finished checking the impedance of both coils, both cam sensors, the crank sensor and they all checked good with a meter.

Man,

I was installing HID for my friend's Tundra and after we install the HID, the engine would start but couldnot hold the idle. When the engine is rev everything is fine but idle dies. Come to find out when we disconnect the battery, the car (ECU) trying to relearn the new setting and took a while before it idle properly.

Attachments

• smilies.jpg
    smilies.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1
I got it. It was the ICV. I pulled it off and it was all dirty and stuck. Took it all apart and cleaned and lubed it and now the car runs mint.