dying at idle after run,swap.wonder if....?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

car is old range rover fitted 1uz-fe, manual box, runs stock toyota ecu, engine is 1995.

please see other posts on idle air control valve...but basically its this..

if in traffic,or around town idle is fine(ish)sits at 650 rpm (would like higher)but when on any run when slowing down to a halt the idle will drop right down and proberly stall,if engine ign turnedoff and restarted idle normally comes back up..

thinking its the iavc playing up i replaced with 91 iacv ,which eventually i got to work, however yesterday that stuck wide open.:mad:so i put back in the 95 iacv (but after stripping and cleaning)

straight away back to normal,good around town,bad after run...(but now sure(ish) the iacv is ok)

so i am thinking that just prehaps something else is causing this to happen..

i can only think of 2 main culprits,though i may well be totally wrong..

1 the TB, i have cleaned it, but prehaps not enough..(anyway could someone tell me why this would effect idle after a run??(read on here it can.))

2 the ecu...i dont think its faulty,but as this is a swap it does NOT have the speedo transducer connected to engine,does the ecu need this to control idle?(it does on the early (mid 80s to 90's) range rover efi setup.)on the range rover set up it raises the idle when it works out you are slowing down off throttle,then drops it back to normal once stopped,without it car stalls..soo..does the toyota ecu need to know speed to work correctly??

engine is from 1995 uk spec ls400

thanks

also..was wondering if the ecu needs to see the stop light switch and even the park/drive switch (gearbox) to know what to set the idle at..

ie does it raise the idle when in drive (drop it when in park) or when braking with throttle position sensor indicating no throttle...??

if it does then i can see the light at end of tunnel:rolleyes:

if not the back to manual stepper motor designing..

ok, been reading the ecu diagrams..

looks like the ecu does not monitor neutral/park drive for idle,just on start crt, which is already connected, but that still leaves stop switch and speed sensor which i can't determine from diagrams other than they are monitored..

ok, been reading the ecu diagrams..

looks like the ecu does not monitor neutral/park drive for idle,just on start crt, which is already connected, but that still leaves stop switch and speed sensor which i can't determine from diagrams other than they are monitored..

I'm having the same question … But, many people have run manual box and for sure they delete the engine speed sensor.
What you think

all questions answered..now to go and play with ecu wiring and a 1k resitor and abit of wire.

will see what happens,but i expect to be able to vary the hot base idle speed.

go here read this.

http://www.autoshop101.com/

see the toyota ecu section,idle control..