Dumping a LS400 in Aus

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
dont know about OZ but very hard to get hold of in NZ but just had my 92 done and she looks phat (well i think so) didnt get them off shelf but, had springs re sprung did the job and same price as normal off shelf springs. but not adjustable.

Doesn't the LS400 have airbag suspension like the V8 Soarer? If so it's pretty easy to dump it on its guts. There's a threaded rod on each lower suspension arm which connects to a sensor mounted above it. You just wind the threaded rod in the same amount for each corner (doesn't need much).

Don't go too low as you can damage the airbags and cruising around on the bump stops isn't too comfortable.

JIC Magic makes a nice coilover setup, shouldn't be too hard to get in Australia, although a little expensive. Also, quite a few companies make standard style (non adjustable) drop springs for it such as tanabe, eibach, intrax, and a few others I can't think of right now. I would think the best bet is find a company that sells it in the U.S. and contact them to see if they can ship it to you down there.

Seems we all go through this crap trying to find aftermarket airbag struts for Lexus vehicles in Oz. The fact is if your car is an early 1990 model the chances are that to first airbag failure is usually a sign that they are all old and ......ed. Sell your Lexus to the first mug you can or contact www.strutmasters.com in the states. You can buy a full set of coilover struts (including shipping) for a little more than the price of one OEM airbag unit from Toyota. Simple, effective, permanent and reasonably cheap.

John C
Redline Compliance & Mechanical