Dual Intakes

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
I am seriously consider making a dual intake like Peewee's ride. I plan to convert maf to map and cut two upper intake and weld them together. I plan to run twin turbo into it. What do u think?

Its a good idea.
Twin 70mm throttle bodies give the equivalent surface area to a single 100mm throttle body.

The cheapest way to do it would be to cut the plenum in half down the middle, and then weld two halves together. Then just drill a new hole for the ISCV and CSI, and weld up the half ISCV hole that would now be at the rear.

Cosmetically this won't look the best, which is why I didnt do it this way. But it would be the easiest IMO.

Either that or just weld the snout and flange onto the side of the plenum, and use dual throttle cables.

FYI, the snout on mine is upright, but the flange and TB are upsidedown.
This give a nice balance between cosmetics, and the ease of throttle linkage.

what about making a new top part of the intake--with 2 throttlebody flanges.. the way the intake is, i think it would not be that difficult.. i am taking an intake apart soon-- i could look into making a larger box type upper intake.. i have made/modified intake manifolds before, so i dont think it would be to time consuming..

It all depends on the flow.
Just because its bigger doesnt mean its better.
You could end up starving a few cylinders of air, or the flow rate could be worse than factory, thus not getting any benefit.

i think in an NA motor, the runners length and stuff is very important--but in a FI engine, you could get away with bieng less carefull.. still, anew upper plenum-because of this design/layout-is relatively easy to make in this case..you could not only change the length, but also the entries,--like scv8 said..

il bet in a couple of years there will be many new upper plenums available..maybe even with a air to water intercooler built into it..