Draining Battery.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

8Runner

Hey there.

I own a 90' 4Runner with a 1UZ running an Autronic SMC ECU. It’s been on the road now for about 3 months, and has been driven every day since. Last week however, it sat in the garage for about 2 days and when I went to start it, the battery was completely dead. I proceeded to jump start the car and it ran fine, charged the battery and started for the rest of the day.

I jumped under the car that night and could hear a buzzing (current flow) sound coming from the alternator area (this is with the car completely off, keys out of ignition). The next day, the battery was dead again.

I have nothing running off the battery except the Autronic, fuel pumps and thermos.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

I disconnected the alternator and the buzz has stopped. There is a fair bit of corrosion on the motor from sitting on the docks for so long, could this just be a case of changing the brushes in the alternator or is it more major?

Thanks for the quick response

Adam

Why not pull the alternator off and have your local auto sparky overhaul it.

It won't cost too much and is one more thing that won't go wrong.

Im yet to find a decent auto sparky in Canberra. But I guess its got to be done. I suppose you guys dont know of anyone down my way that is worth talking to about 1UZ's, because the d*** heads at CARCO that did my wiring have made it extremely hard to know what wiring is required and what is the existing wiring from the diesel.

Cheers for the quick responses guys, this forum is priceless.

Adam