Distance from bellhousing face to input shaft.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1UZPWR

First of all, I will mention that I did try to search for this, but there are so many threads about bellhousings, adapter plates, and conversions in general, that the number of pages I'd have to read would be crazy.

I'll be fabbing up my adapter plate soon, and I need to know what relationship between the end of the transmission input shaft and the bellhousing face should be. I had the inspection plate off on the bellhousing in my SC400, and from what I can tell, the crank sticks out about 3mm from the face of the engine (if that number is wrong, someone please correct me).

I know the end of the crank has a relatively large amount of depth for the pilot bearing, so I know I don't need to be super precise.

I will be providing pics and a detailed explanation for making the adapter plate, but no CAD file will be available because it will be hand made. I had considered just buying the adapter plate, but they're so expensive, I figured I'd have a go at it myself, and instead of spending the money on buying the adapter, I'd spend that money on some aluminum stock, and a drill press. My uncle has a milling machine and a lathe, but I want to keep this as simple as possible, so I'm planning to use the lathe only for one simple part of the process.

I've attached an image to better describe what I'm looking for. Sorry for my crappy drawing (I've exaggerated the gap to make it easier to see what I'm talking about) :D

Thanks in advance to all!