Dilemma

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lost1

Just kill me now...:drillsergeant:

I have a family member dedicated to 'soupin' up his and everyone else's cars/trucks/whatever. He just sent me two mufflers for my car for my birthday...I'm not even sure if I should use them. Can't return them. Would rather not sell them.

Don't get me wrong, they'd be nice on a truck. But I'm not sure my 94 LS400 should be subjected to this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Flow...tegoryZ33636QQihZ003QQitemZ130104997144QQrdZ1

They're the right size, I believe, but they're twenty-dollar cheapies I once put on my Cherokee. I liked it for that application. But a car like this? What I do know is that they're manufactured by Hooker (those guys famous for their headers) and they are quality product so far as the application goes. but if I DO use them I'm not sure if I'd put them in place of the rear mufflers, or the ones closer to the engine. I'm told the latter are more restrictive, and quiet the exhaust note a LOT; and that the rear exhausts do practically nothing. True? False? what should I do?

I want a deeper, slightly louder note from my exhaust that I can hear with the windows down, but not intrude on the cabin when cruising. I don't need to set off car alarms, I just want something more than the sound of the engine when I gun it. Also, I DO plan on putting performance into this car, so better flow would be important.

Well anyways, have at it. What's your opinion?

Edit: for those disinterested in following the link, these are basically weld-on cherry-bomb glasspacks.

well I made my decision, I'm putting them nearest the catalytic converters today. I'll post some sound bytes later.

As I posted elsewhere the result of changing any given component is only known AFTER the change.

These are classic Cherry Bomb mufflers. Note the explanation basically fiber glass packing over a louvered core. The louvers are a concern. Do they protrude into the gas flow? Or is the inside of the pipe constant with no intrusion?

If there is intrusion they can be restrictive and IF YOU install them wrong, so the louvers point towards the engine, the restriction can be worse than stock.

So, from a sound stand point these will change the sound. How much and to what is again an unknown until, well, they are installed.

I would instruct the muffler guy on the above and to cut out the stock parts so you could re-install if you do not like the CB's