Detailing a 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

twisty_toy94

I picked up my 1UZ from Scott at Venom yesterday and the motor is a bit dirty for my liking. It wasn't bought as a halfcut it was just an engine.

Anyway I want to clean it all up and maybe add some "bling" if possible. So I'm just after any hint or cheap tricks people have got for getting a 1UZ to look its best without spending too much money.

I'm going to do the timing belt on the weekend so I was going to spray the motor with degreaser and give it a bit of a scrub and a wash. Which should get it looking a bit better. Also all my pulley's have some minor surface rust on them, so it would be ok to rub them back and give them a new coat of paint hey?

Any info, pics etc.. would be great.

Heres a pic of my motor at the moment.
aan.sized.jpg

When I bought my Prado, the guys who detailed the engine bay did the quick and nasty spray of degreaser, waited 5 minutes and then blew the absolute crap out of everything with the high pressure gun........2 days later when I picked up the car, the cruise control was buggered, and so was the alternator. Problems it didn't have before the detailers.

Electronic boxes don't like high pressure water.