Destroking

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
and thats just dumb. piston velocity's beyond aerodynamically efficient range. pointless and deleterious to engine life without merit

sure, you can do it, i took my stock stroke out to just under 11,000rpm. but its still dumb

and thats just dumb. piston velocity's beyond aerodynamically efficient range. pointless and deleterious to engine life without merit

sure, you can do it, i took my stock stroke out to just under 11,000rpm. but its still dumb

so, according to you, the point of de-stroking is? Honestly, im interested. To me, it seems like the stock stroke is capable of more than enough revs (my original point). I could see the point if it were to meet class requirements in motorsport tho.

1 - to meet class capacity restriction
2 - to limit mean piston velocity to about 26.7ms^-1

i dont like the idea of sacrificing cubes for revs. cubes always win... (unless cubes come from stupid long stroke). there is always a limit to how fast you can spin your cubes, and everything is a compromise in the end.
heres some sh1t i wrote out a few years ago: http://www.v-eight.com/tech_forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=143

me, personally. im gaining a buttload of free cubes from a bigger block, so im not stressing about losing some stroke and making 10k more sustainable.

10k on stock stroke, with stock rod length and eck height, though, unless for the pointy end of drag racing, is not efficient nor sensible. doable, yep, but with markedly falling returns at the cost of component life.

We are just throwing some ideas around; no one said it was a great idea for the masses.
Personally I’m looking at it for the engine in my hillclimb car. The original 4lt with do a good job, but in hillclimb its about corner to corner speed and every gear change is a big percentage of time lost in a 30 to 40 second run.
A supercharged (Autorotor 2.2lt) and 75mm stroke would allow me to run 2000 to 10000 rpm if needed with a margin of safety. Less gear changes = faster times.
In a road car its not a consideration.

Steven

my current engine was making about 420rwhp @ 9300rpm and did just shy of 155kmh in 2nd gear. the *lack* of need to gear change sucked as it would get out of powerband. with the autorotor are you confident itll work across a 8000rpm power band? sure as hell the cams wont like it. plus youve lost 400cc of capacity. less gear shifts = faster times? only if you can keep the car in a fat area under the curve

with the autorotor are you confident itll work across a 8000rpm power band? sure as hell the cams wont like it. plus youve lost 400cc of capacity.

Yes Ed I'm sure. Its about 1000rpm short of its limit at 10,000rpm, but I'm limited in boost with the transmission I'm running.
No fixed cam will be spot on over 8000rpm, that's just one of an endless list of compromises we have to make in the auto world, but a supercharged V8 at even 70% VE (plus boost) in the lower rpm is still not bad in a 800kg car.
Yes 400cc lost, but an extra 1000rpm @ even 475Nm will pull back 50 kW's.
475Nm @ 10,000rpm would be 500kW, mmm sounds like about 100 or so more than I think i could use:ponder: