Custom SC400 Engine Mounts (With Pictures)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

xirforever

Hey guys, its been a super long time since my last post...... years. Anyway, I am drawing up some new parts for the SC and I thought about the engine mounts I made a while ago and figured I would share the design. I'm not good at posting long posts anymore so Ill make it short and sweet. If you are interested in the solid models I made, email me at [email protected], because if you message me here I may not see it for months... lol.

The reason I made these is because I had some TERRIBLE wheel hop. For anyone with wheel hop and stock engine mounts, this is the MAJORITY of the reason, I promise. You can see the damage to my NEW stock engine mounts.

I made the entire thing myself minus the top half. I drew it all up, gave it to a sheet metal shop, and told them to make that part for me. I welded the stud on the top and pressed in my dowel pin.

Attachments

• IMG_1039.jpg
    IMG_1039.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_10365.jpg
    IMG_10365.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0300.jpg
    IMG_0300.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 78
And here is it finished!

Attachments

• IMG_1044.jpg
    IMG_1044.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1045.jpg
    IMG_1045.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    IMG_1047.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 55
Very nice mounts! If you can make a pair for the 2nd gen GS I would be interested. SC and GS mounts are almost identical. How much more NVH occurs with these when compared to stock?

Ahh

First off, I will not be making any more of these, but I am willing to share my design for free. Secondly, the noise vibration harshness as you put it, is very severe lol. I love it, but it definitely vibrates the car more!

Ahh

First off, I will not be making any more of these, but I am willing to share my design for free. Secondly, the noise vibration harshness as you put it, is very severe lol. I love it, but it definitely vibrates the car more!
I know what you mean. Once, I hung my exhaust directly to the underneath frame and it rattles the whole car. Lol.

Without rubber to insulate metal to metal, it'll transfer all vibrations from the engine to the entire car. And it vibrates, it'll create noise, too. Solid mounts are more for track cars.

so what your saying dont solid mount the motor have a little rubber in the mounts?

Right, mine are not "solid", they have polyurethane in there and it vibrates a ton as it is now. I would be scared to see how much it shook the car if i bolted the engine straight to the chassis with no type of softer material between the two.

Ahh

I would like to thank you for putting to paper and practice what I have been thinking of for my own project! What avenue are you taking to distribute the design?

I can give you cad models in an format you want. My native software is SolidWorks but obviously i can save it as a step file or whatever you prefer.