Crown Oil filter assembly, help?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

striker

Hey All,​

A few months back I asked if anyone could look me up a Crown oil filter assembly (with the filter at the rear of the engine) since we don't have that model over here in europe and the toy dealer doesn't carry parts for it.
Cobra (Bret) was so kind to offer his help and send a complete used system he had lying around over to europe, but the post office or anybody in between him and me must be building the same engine as I am because 2 months later it still hasn't arrived, called customs over here and they don't have it either
so I can't really move on to fitting the 2nd supercharger to the engine which means I will have to do with sweaty hands for now...​

would anybody be so kind to look in their parts box, if they have a few pieces of that crown oil system lying around and maybe also ship it to holland.... (I can't imagine the whole post office is bulding a twin SC'd 1uzfe....)​

the parts I need are: engine mounted take of plate, 2 pipes, oilfilter bung,​

Regards Thomas

ps: bret PM me I still feed the need to pay the postal costs even if it didn't arive.​

Thpmas,

PM Pete at QCA he's wrecked a few engines and he may have one spare.

He's a bit busy at the moment as he's in the middle of moving his family 1500klms to the North of Queensland.

Thomas, why not go full remote on the oil filter? Here's my oil filter adapter plate modified to take -10AN's. That way you can easily incorporate an oil cooler, which you'll probably want anyway since you're twin supercharging that beast, and your oil system is going to get a real workout.

IMG_0737Medium.jpg

Oil cooler will also be a laminova Item which can go in the original crown assembly oil line,

I do like my cheap stock parts. and I don't want to see my oil filter when opening the rear engine cover on the car, it'll be a clean install without hoses and looms showing so the less hoses the better + that most remote installs do not really aid after start oil presure build up, stock is best with the addition of a cooler.

Zuffen will try to contact him, in the mean time if anybody can help me out, much appreciated!

Grtz Thomas

QCA doesn't awnser, probably busy moving house.

In the meantime my hands are aking to get on with the #2 charger, so if anyone has any leads for the crown system please tell me

regards Thomas

Thomas, if you have Toyota P/N's for what you need, I'd be happy to check with the Toyota parts hookup that we all use for Supra parts. He gives steep discounts and excellent service.

Although his parts database is for Toyota North America, he's quoted me other parts when I had the correct numbers.

They would be new parts, but sometimes the price isn't that bad, and besides, "Mac"Rouw you've saved enough in other areas to buy new parts once in awhile, hehe. And I could get them as far as the UK for you for free.

Hey Cribbj,

That's very kind I do however have no part numbers cause the dealer here hasn't got the crown V8 in their system, if they would I could probably order them over here (I can only dream, we didn't even have the TT supra)

So Anyone in for some part numbers for the oil filter system on a toyota Crown?

the take of plate on the block
the 2 tubes that run to the oilfilter housing
and the oil filter housing itself

that would be very nice.

indeed no more el cheapo at this point I'm getting nervous whehehe.

grtz Thomas

Just a word of warning to everyone,

The front mounted oil filter head casting has a bypass valve. The filter canister does not need a bypass.

The rear mounted oil filter head does NOT. It requires a filter canister with a bypass valve built in.

Most remote mount filter heads do not have a bypass.

I am pretty sure our engine lost the bottom end because of no bypass and the filter mesh was too restrictive at the higher rpm and flow required.

Thomas, if you have Toyota P/N's for what you need, I'd be happy to check with the Toyota parts hookup that we all use for Supra parts. He gives steep discounts and excellent service.

Although his parts database is for Toyota North America, he's quoted me other parts when I had the correct numbers.

They would be new parts, but sometimes the price isn't that bad, and besides, "Mac"Rouw you've saved enough in other areas to buy new parts once in awhile, hehe. And I could get them as far as the UK for you for free.
Jeff Watson at Champion Toyota?

Striker :
I have one oil filter Setup for Crown and I can give to you for 10 USD .. but I don’t know how to send it to you … if you know some one here I can give it to him and he can take it to you ..

rms :
what you mean exactly by that bypass valve ?? where its located ?

Jeff Watson at Champion Toyota?

No, Jeff & I never "clicked" although we're both in Houston and are both Supra owners. Jeff was a telephone type of guy and wouldn't respond to email, while I detest the telephone, and prefer email for ordering parts. Not to take anything away from Jeff as he apparently is well thought of by many, but his style didn't work for me.

Curt Aigner @ Elmhurst (Chicago) is who I've used for Toyota parts since 2001. Very professional, great service, very good prices, and prompt replies to all email queries. Anyone looking for Toyota parts, in the US or overseas should drop him an email as he ships all over the world. eparts AT elmhursttoyota DOT com is his email address, and he's well known, and highly thought of in the Supra community. If you're not in the US, it's best to give him the P/N you're after, because as we all know, Toyota changes configurations of their cars and motors slightly to suit the market. Pics always help too. Note - he does NOT have access to the Lexus parts database or Lexus parts, he only sells Toyota.

So Erol,

what you mean to say is, That if you use a Crown system you should have a Crown filter, and if you use a LS400 system you need an LS400 filter
ie: don't mix and match different systems to filters with one another?

Is the worn engine in the reynard? how's your drysump configured then?

Info: The bypass system in the LS400 system is in the horizontal part of the filter extension. that takes the presure switch on the end. just upstream of the Oil/Water cooler.

I I can get crown filters here I can go full crown system, has anyone have a crown oil filter part number for me, so I can go check with the local toyota dealer?

@ mshawari1: If you can send via UPC or normal pastal office that would be very nice, I don't know anyone in your part of the world. I can PM you my adress and details and arange payment.

Grtz Thomas