Crower Rods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hey Gang,

Got a quote from Crower and the Rods will be 174 each. Basically its $1,392 USD a set. Damn expensive. I guess its too much for me. Group buy 10 set of more is 139 each. $1,112 per set. Still a lot of money for just rods.

David

If the stock rods are anything like the 2JZ, I guess we don't need aftermarket until we get over 1000 HP. Maybe ARP bolts are good enough.

The only real reason I can see getting rods right now would be if I were to offset grind the crank for more stroke, and shrink the rod big end a little. At this time, I am not going to do that...

Has anyone broken a rod yet?

I am getting a 4.0 that has blown head gaskets. At least that is what the customer says. I wonder what car I could stuff that thing into?

Lextreme said:
Taffy,

Even with blown head gaskets are rear event. I have heard that motor can last from 400k to 650k if taken care properly.
We have a customer with a 350+ thousand mile LS400,original drivetrain (motor,trans,etc).

Taffy said:
Has anyone broken a rod yet?

Yup I just threw number 2 rod out the side of the block tonight. Pulling 7800+ rpm on stock internals.
I had a funny feeling that something was going to happen as the car just didn't feel right. Not sure however if the rod snapped or if the rod bolts let go. Hopefully I'll get some pics of the hole soon. But if might be a while before the engine gets stripped as we are in the process of building another engine up after the first one bent the crank!

From what i understand from your website that you have been running water injection on your 1uz and you experienced hydro-lock from injecting too much water.
Is your motor still OEM compression ratio?

WoW, if i'm wrong i got mine while back in 98 for the Landcruiser V8 for something around $800
thinking.gif

And it was the first kit thay make it for Toyota V8, they asked me to send the stock and they will make 8 Pcs for me.
Isn't first kit will cost more??
I though it should be cheaper now