Crankshafts!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Chicken Wing

Hey guys, I told you id eventually get through all the engine parts, past was pistons, todays is crankshafts!

So Ive just finished pulling apart my 3UZ, its been long awaited, family issues have pinned this project to the floor...
Now removing the crankshaft I realise its already pretty durable, but is it worth me having it nitrided?
I realise its only going to improve fatigue life, its not really going to make it any stronger. All my bearing and journals are looking perfect, im having it linished already, im just contemplating a nitride or carburixe treatment.

Also whats the valve stem size on a 1UZ?

Thanks guys!

aside from sounding like a dumb idea (i mean, why?), assuming you went through wth it...
(and yes, a head shop can put any valve guide you want in, but remember, theres 32 of the feckers =$$$)
1. youd need OS valves (=$$$) as std 1uz valves wont fit the seats
2. youll need the std 1uz retainers and buckets, the SUB wont fit the retainer
3. youll drop your rpm capability because of 1+2

I need new valves anyway, as 6 of them are either bent or broken due to a timing belt failure.
the 6mm stemmed valves are a bit easier to find in the aftermarket but also they are 18% larger in the cross section, I can only imagine thats better for strength and creep strength, especially with a high seat pressure and boost.
but im not keen to change buckets aswell. i might just have to find some 3UZ valves