Crank but does not fire

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rwdfreak

Well I'm stumped.

After all the time I've spent to understand the wiring diagram and carefully weld every wire that needed to be; now that I'm done with all the mechanical components, I don't have fire. I've deleted a lot of wires in the harness, but those were linked to the Automatic transmission electronic control and the rest was tdcl and trac related. I've mated a W58 in a Cleica so about half of the original LS400 harness wasn't realy usefull.

I've deleted the trottle plate and Trac step motors, but if I'm right this should not impact the initial startup. It looks like a CPS problem, but I did not do anything to it.

What I'm wondering is does any of you know which part of the ECU control the igniter and what need to be wire in order to have fire.

I have a 12V on the NSW, IGF1, IGF2 and IGT1, IGT2 are from the original harness. STA should get a voltage has IL1 connector is fed from the batery when I put the ignition switch to start.

The ignition main relay has power and so does all the ignitiers and coils when the ignition sw is at IG or sta. This is a ground issue going through the ECU or something from another sensor telling the ECU not to fire.

The question is can you help me narrow down which sensor/wires have impact on the ignition when cranking. Engine and electronic is from a 1991 LS400 and it was mated to a W58 manual transmission in a 1985 Celica.

Thanks

Check my thread just down, I've had the same problem. it's the crank position sensor most likley, BMWs have this problem too. I cleaned mine, having some problems still with the wet so i feel that could be a problem too.

Nevermind

Someone from an other board asked if I had 12V at the +B and +B1. Somehow I missed it. Plugged those two to the 15A EFI fuse and it started right away.

Now it start and run properly. I have a load of stuff to do before I put it on the road, but now I know the engine will run just fine.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: