Corrola GTS + Lexus V8= Fun!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
A lap of the island

Here is a lap of the Island, its not the fastest. I just noticed that the start offset is incorrect so it looks like i am braking half way down the straight!

sprinter trd- it looks like your having plenty of fun.. considering the car is fairly new, i bet it will be a great performer after dialing in the chassis.. are you using some sort of motec datalogging? do you have motec engine management also, how was the tuning?

sorry for asking so many questions, but its nice to see a successful mating of the v8 and a light car like the sprinter..

V8 Sprinter

Unfortunately I havent done much suspension work as yet. The car has adjustable Koni shocks and coil overs in it but I am still using the 4 cyl sway bars so it tends to roll a little.

The car seems to put the power to the ground fairly well through the Yokohama A539 16" 205 tyres untill I get tramping. I recently changed the lower 4 cyl diff link rubbers for harder ones which have helped but I think I will have to change the top suspension points to solve the problem.

I use a MoTeC M800 ECU for the track, Tuning is easy I havent bothered to take it to a dyno as I can do the tuning based on the logging.

hey buddy, i have a AE86 1986 corolla SR5, and i want to make a Drag project with 1UZ turbo. I´m loved of you projetc is awesome and nice. So i want your advices to make my car stronger and faster. About engine performance and chasis tunning and traction too.

Please me and my car will be very grateful.

My goals is 8-9sec 1/4 mile car. and 600 or + WHP

Thanks.

Please email me: [email protected]

PD: i want to make a sensation in my country with this car, becuase the most popular race engine here for AE86 is 2JZGTE and anybody knows the powerfull of the V8 Toyota engines. That the idea i have. :)

hi franco--i may be puting another one together for a customer soon.. but i have not had time to work on my corolla much lately..

truthfully, it was not as difficult as i had first thought it would be.. id say you should try it.. il get a hold of you via email--so i can send detailed info..
and yes, i agree.. the 2jz is a great engine, but the v8 can be a great engine also..