continue with engine replacement?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Wow, just think of all the cool stuff you can do now that you don't have to suffer through skinned knuckles, and parts searching!
Peewee came through big time.
Not too many good Lexus resources in that part of the state I'll bet, huh?
I can't seem to find many in Seattle, so it couldn't be much better.

yeah there defiently isn't any good lex mechanics that i know of in the area, my step mom talked to the mechanic the other day when she ran into him and he couldn't believe that i we fixed the problem he said was going to cost thousand for less than $100, and i do mean we. lunch is on me!

Prob too late now as you've fixed it, but could 'the slipery' feeling in the coolant be the glycol that is in it? It's hard to explain the feeling of the coolant but i'm thinking that's what your getting at.

Cheers.

I was driving with my girlfriend in her Ford Meteor 1985 model at 100km/h when smoke stated to pour out of the engine bay. We pulled over and popped the bonnet and found oil burning on the headers. The local service guy (NRMA) came out and said I have no idea what it could be, but I think it's very serious. You'll be ok to drive the further 60km to the next town (Wollongong) and see a mechanic. "Here is a wet towel, if flames come out while your driving put them out with this" he went on his way and left us with our jaws on the ground. The next mechanic said - without looking at it - it's the head gasket, it'll be $700 and 2 days. I ended up driving to a petrol station mechanic who said - " Sounds like your thermistat has died which has heated up your engine so much that the reside of oil on / around the headers had started to smoke, that'll be $15 and 1 hour thanks"

Guess who was right?

I'm really glad this worked out for you and that the simple act of typing here saved you thousands.

No wonder PeeWee posted "AWSOME!"

Here here PeeWee - Awsome indeed.