Charcol canister

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Guts

Wasn`t certain where to post this so have just posted it here.

In a hilux where have you mount yours? and does it have to be higher then the motor as a lot of the ones I have seen are. I don`t think the hight would be a problem just want to check as I`m hoping to mount mine down just above the frame rails with a hose on the breather coming back up high in the engine bay (I do deep water and mud often)

I was planning on putting mine up the back beside the fuel tank but yes it may have to be mounted higher, good point. What is the role of the cannister??????Just for fuel tank ventillation????

The charcaol cannister can be above or below te engine.

The only requirement for the vac line is that it's connected to the cannister andthe vac valve on the engine.

The purpose of the cannister is to filter the fumes from the fuel tank. Theoretically the filter holds the fumes until the engine sucks them in via the vac line. If the engine is off fumes may pass thru the cannister on a very hot day with a full tank of fuel and the fuel expands forcing vapours down the line.

Cool, I`ve mounted it in hard behind the passengers head light and have run the vac line down under the intake manifold and down past the ac compressor so that it isn`t just draped across the top of the motor, looks very spoofy, and with the canistor where it is its not realy noticed.