Celsior problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

TAXI

Hey All,

I was driving my Celsior around last night when all of a sudden all the warning lights on the dash would flicker on and off. Also when ever I hit the brakes the headlights would dim. The dash warnings didnt last long though, they stopped coming on after a while but the headlights still dimmed when I hit the brakes.

Further on in my journey the handbrake light and TRC would flick on and off at random times. Now the big problem... when I got home and stopped the car it just went completely dead, there is no power at all, not even the lights will come on. No chance of starting it, wont even crank. Does this sound like a dead alternator?

Thanks for your help guys.

James

Test the alternator too.
Its possible a bad alternator has killed the battery.

You don't want the new battery dying aswell.

Its possible that the old battery was just old, and did die, but best to be safe rather than sorry.

Attachments

• oilpump.JPG
    oilpump.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 11
Drive it for a while and turn on all the lights. If after 30-60 minutes the car still running then u are cool, but if it dies then u know its the alternator not charging the battery. I had an incident just like yours and I have heard few other Lexus owners experience the same situation. Please let us know how thing goes.

I drove it around last night for quite a while with lights and stereo on, all seems good. I am hearing a noise from my power steering pump so am in the process of getting that swapped, might as well do the alternator while Im at it.