Car paint

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lambo

hi guys, does anyone out ther know about modern car paint, i grew up with Dulon, just got my car back from the panelbeaters after some moron backed into it, the painter said it was finished in 2 pot, my understanding was they mix a hardener and after a length of time it reacts and goes off, or is baked in an oven , i have been told that it is toxic and can't be used in the home garage, and breathing gear must be warn to spray it due to sionide ??? i was somewhat confused when he handed me the leftover paint for touch up of other small chips etc, and some 24 hours later its still a liquid. Has paint changed or have i missed something, there was no buffing or such and it has a full gloss.
Best Regards

Yep, modern urethanes are pretty amazing, are pretty toxic, and you can get sensitized to the chemicals ivnolved; no fun.
They do offer a great shine with very little work, and are very durable.

scv8, I have just tried touching up the odd chip scratch etc with the paint supplied but it drys flat with no shine, looks nothing like what was sprayed on the bumper any thoughts.
Best regards
Lambo

they may have shot a 2 part system..which consists of a basecoat(no shine) and a clear coat (gloss).. most shops in the us use this.. the clear coat is where all the paints durability comes from, while the basecoat is where all the pigments/color is.. here in the us, they have us starting to use waterborne paints.. all in an attempt to reduce emmisions.. you would not believe how expensive paint and suplies have gotton in the last 15 years..

the nasties are isocyinates and are in the hardener and are known carcenogines so breathing too much is not a good thing, 2 pack really must be sprayed in a booth not just because of nasties but it takes a while to flash dry and atracts fluff and dust like you would not believe, after many years of trying to use 2 pack without buffing crud out Ive finally given in and gone back to acrylic (dulon), at laest you know ya gunna Have to buff that, if your car is metalic then the base colour will be dull as it has gloss clear over the top