budget blower

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Dazza

hi everyone,
first time in this forum,i have a 1uzfe in a 2700kg toyota landcruiser and need more torque.i have read that one member reckons he can get blow a motor for around $1500AU,does anyone know from where and how?would i be better off increasing displacement?any info would be apreciated.
Darren:feedback:

wow bridgetown - we recently just had a member post from Riyadh, and now Bridgetown. man i love the country down there - you're living in god's country there.

anyways, what sort of blower is it? what landcruiser is it? you can pick up M90s off eBay these days pretty cheap - and jordy's ski boat and richwood technologies make manifolds to suit the 1UZFE off the forum here for a pretty much unbeatable price.

to increase displacement would mean a 2UZFE block from the later model 100 series cruisers - not cheap to buy here, but the sell for a pittance in the states. if you could get someone to import one for you and just pay your share of the container room i think that would be the cheapest way to go.

but, IMO, that would still be a more complicated, expensive and heavier option than an M90 on a 1UZFE.

I dont have a blower yet,the cruiser is a duel cab 75 series that has been stretched 800mm and has a full tray.Its gives me 4.5km per litre,needless to say I need more cubes or FI.

PS .It gets cold down here in gods country.

You probably can't go past the M90 with 7psi boost. That is what I set up on my boat and it made it into a completely different motor, especially off the mark and down low in the rev range where you need the power.
You could go for a M112 however they are less common, deerer and because of their extra size probably should run at 10psi and higher- necessitating an intercooler and / or a compression drop by modifying the engine. Generally will cost more to setup.

thanks

:veryhappy hi quadcam boat,thanks for your reply,is there any better model of m90 to search for eg.easier fitment(air intake etc) and easier to source and or pricewhat is an aceptable price to pay for blower,manifold and any other mods.From what i have read the standard ecu will be ok.At the end of the day over 300ft/lb torque would be great to push the old chunker.

thanks darren

Attachments

• 5.8_emblem_mod.jpg
    5.8_emblem_mod.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 3
The most common is the Ford Thunderbird imported from USA and then probably the Holden Commodore V6. Thunderbirds are worth around $600- $1000 and Holdens $800 to $1400 for a unused 2nd hand one. The Thunderbirds are fairly compact, but don't come with a bypass valve, where as the holden version is wider, bulkier but has a bypass valve built in. Make sure you set it up with a bypass valve as you get better fuel economy off boost and less heat build up in your inlet temps as you accellerate.
I am told the holden ones may not fit between the fuel rails of the Lexus Engine.

Dazza,

Be aware the Thunderbird M90 sucks air in the rear and expels it out the top so it can feed thru an intercooler and into the manifold. If mounted upside down it may work OK.

The Holden sucks in the rear and expels through the bottom. much easier to work with,

The Holden one will fit between the fuel rails.

The mounting casts have to be machined slightly on the Commodore blower for it to fit in between the fuel rails. This blower is virtually the same as the US version. The only difference is the intake at the rear is oval on the Commodore and round on the US version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct, Commodore is an M90

Attachments

• 1uzfw.jpg
    1uzfw.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 2
  • s.jpg
    s.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator: