Block Water Circulation

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Hello,

I would like to know the block internal water circulation. The picture below with red oval circles around it. Are all those water jackets connected and do the share the same inlet and out of water flow? What happen if i plug up one of them like with a gasket, would other increase its flow?

The water flows up into the cylinder heads from the block, comes out the front of the heads going into the water pump housing and the back of the heads into the heater core. Those holes are steam vent holes. The head gaskets should have an opening for them.

Max

Lextreme said:
Hello,

I would like to know the block internal water circulation. The picture below with red oval circles around it. Are all those water jackets connected and do the share the same inlet and out of water flow? What happen if i plug up one of them like with a gasket, would other increase its flow?

If you plug one of them, there can be a problem with waterflow in that area, and if so, a gas-pocket will form that makes the coolingproblem even worse and your engine will overheat localy (will probably NOT show on your temp gauge).

That, may cause everything from knock/detonation to problems with overheating the pistons and the piston rings. If then the ring gap is to small and the ring expands to much - you can send bits of rings and pistons through the valves and turbo and also damage the cylinder walls.

The enginedesigners put in a heck load of time on testing these things, it´s also often not a good idea to open holes in a gasket that may restrict some of the flow, that often results in better flow, but also a disturbance in the flowbalance in the engine and some cylinders will often run cooler/hotter than the other, wich at best means less engine output.

There is power to find in these areas, but as a general recommendation, you should not tamper with the flowbalance in the block unless you know exactly what, how and why you want to do somethig to achive the desired result.