Bg 44k

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LS400GUY

I've seen this a lot, can anyone shed any light on how effective it is, also how does it compare with Sea Foam. Thanks in advance.

LS400GUY

Hi Steve,

thanks for your reply. I've also used Sea Foam, but this BG 44K is touted as being the real deal. I may do a DIY cleaning my injectors (pressurized while in engine) with this stuff, they say it's what the dealers use. By the way, have you ever changed your fuel filter on the 1uz? The manual doesn't even give a rec on replacing it, but after 16 yrs. and 200k miles, it has to be getting mighty dirty, and I think it's affecting my fuel delivery, what's your opinion? Thanks again.

LS400GUY

I used Slick 50 fuel injector cleaner and it worked very good. I saw an increase in mpg. If you can, change the fuel filter. Clogged fuel filter affects the performance of the engine overall. 200K miles are way too much. I changed it at 120K miles.

Also, you can use carb cleaner to clean out the throttle body. You can also do this, but it's your own risk. It's cleaning the MAF sensor. I used brake cleaner and cleaned it, then lightly blew it clean with an air compressor. It worked fine for me, but I read somewhere that someone did it and damaged the MAF. I don't know how he did it, but he probably didn't do right.

Keep in mind that only do 1 thing at a time until the engine runs normally. Doing 1 thing at a time also helps to troubleshoot in case something goes wrong. By the way, replace the fuel filter before cleaning the fuel injector.

Thanks for the tips Steve, I'll keep you posted on my progress. By the way, strangely I've just discovered an unattached black elect wire in the sheath that contains the connector for the tps, I'm scratching my head because the connector has 6 wires that are already situated in the 6 connector slots on the connector, I'm really confused as to where this 7th wire goes, unless there should be "2" wires that plug into 1 connector slot. An unconnected wire "always" mean that something's not right, any thoughts on this? Thanks again for your responses.

Cheers!

LS400GUY