Best vehicle to put a 2uz into, to get Tundra like towing capacity?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gte

I'd like to have a spare towing vehilce and would like to see if there is a creative way I can avoid spending 15K plus for a 4wd tundra or sequoia

Does anyone know how well a 4 runner or the like will accept a 2uz and trans to have a much higher towing capacity vehicle?

im planning on building a tow vehicle around the end of the year timed for about when i finish my 1uz TT corolla. so that i have somthing to pull it around to events. my idea was a early 90s 4x4 4runner with a 2uz and possably a little extra structor added to the frame to add to its towing capacity. if i decide after that that i need a little more power a low boost sc would be my choice. other then all that i would try to keep the truck as stock as possable,ac, ps comphy interior ect.

there are a few people on this forum who have done uz swaps to the tocoma, hilux and 4runner chassis check them out there is a ton of info, all in all i think its a good idea so go for it.

4runner, same platform as a tacoma, but the brakes suck ass which is why they don't tow as much as the truck. (They can swap...)

haha good thing i have a set of the 4 piston tacoma brakes with nothing to use them for, will be the first think i do when i buy a 4runner.

Ok,

So an early 90's 4 runner will accept the tundra engine and 4wd trans?

It can be made to run on the stock ecu, and as you said, 'as stock as possible' ? I would definitely like to do the same then. I'm not too too worried about the structure thing, as I think the 4 runners (just like other toyota frames) are stout and overbuilt.

I'll have to search around, as my biggest concern is wiring, I don't feel like hassling with that. Other then wiring, does it drop right in?