Bad Hesitation 1uzfe in 93 4runner

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JTeas

It was running fine drove it to get my exaust put on and about 20 miles later it will not exelerate under load. Motor will rev fine in park but I put it in gear and it has no power I have to feather the gas to get it to go. Plus a computer will not read my ecm, it will give codes with the cel when I make one. The fuel pump and fuel regulator check out good. I don't know what else to check.

Last edited:
Have you wired the diagnostic plug? The one on the engine is not the one that most scanner will read. Generally you need the under dash unit and it must have a check light to read codes on all OBD1 plugs. You can still get live data without the CEL. OBD2 ecu dont require a check light to read codes.

I don't have the one out of the car but I can get it. The scanner I am using will read from that type port, it would read the one on the 4runner before the swap. What all would be needed to hook the other one up if I go get it?

Most scanners will plug in to the engine one but not communicate with the engine. Its like this on a lot of toyota / lexus cars. You need to wire the dash one. Refer to your diagrams how to wire it. Different models have different requirements. Cheers