Back to Basics: 1UZFE Improvements

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Is it front, mid, or rear sump? That may dictate what you can use it for - most swaps are easier with the rear sump, so you may want to think about picking one of those up.

Many people retain the original distributor based ignition, but I'm not a fan of it. I would lose the distributors and put a COP ignition on it, and run the whole thing from an MS3, or similar.

W58's used to be dirt cheap because nobody wanted them for their Supras; what happened? It's probably an Aisin tranny, so it'll be in other cars - all you need is the bellhousing, which you already have.

Try to get a set of early SC400 exhaust manifolds; they're a little better than the ones you may have with that engine. There used to be 1-2 aftermarket providers of headers, but they've probably all gone under by now. Australia had a couple of providers for cast manifolds that were much better than the stock - don't know if they're still around.

If you don't have to meet emissions in your state, I'd pull off the EGR, but I'd leave the crankcase ventilation system, but run it to a good catch can. There's a little coolant circuit that runs through the throttle body which doesn't hurt anything, and you'd probably find useful since you live in a freezing climate. The pressure drop across the throttle body can cause quite a cooling effect (Joules-Thomson), and if you're at, or near freezing, you could experience a freezeup of the butterfly.

there's a few different options on the trans, there's the late model Tacoma R150, but there's also the ar5 which is in the Pontiac solstice. It's basically a modernized version of the r154.

Looks great!

Similar to one of my engines, but I painted the block satin black to make the (Flourescent) yellow 'POP' as you Americans say.:D

Picture029_zps889430d4.jpg
Picture034_zpsada9c225.jpg

Engine looks great!

Only thing I would do different is to paint the badge on the plenum black but leave the lettering chrome. (They can be prized/prised off with a knife blade by the way;))