ARP Head Studs

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Got a two sets of ARP Head Studs for the 1UZ-3UZFE. These are custom made for our engines. The studs are 4.6" long with an Allan Hex 4 mm to tighten the studs to the block and the studs are lock with a 12 corner hex nut.

The torque specs for these studs are:
1. 35 ft/lbs
2. 45 ft/lbs
3. 55 ft/lbs

I have used ARP studs for most of my supra engine and as per ARP specs to torque it down to 80 ft/lbs using the arp assembly grease or 100 ft/lbs using 30w oil

any toyota M series engines are torque to factory to 55 ft/lbs and we have problems with blown headgaskets... so we raised it up to 72 ft/lbs using the factory bolts and headgasket and it worked pretty well... I have torque my 6MGTE engine using ARP head studs w/ a 2.0mm HKS headgasket to 80 ft/lbs and I have no problem running boost to 20 psi on my CT26 62-1 upgraded turbo.... just my 0.02 cents

I just want to share how low the head torque specs was before on Toyota engines even they are turbocharged (7MGTE engines)

yeah the 4M to 7M head bolt torque is pretty low isn't it?! i wonder why they decided to go so soft with it? surely it couldn't have been because of the alum head - toyota have more than enough experience with alum head to know what they're doing...

even 80ft/lb is a little low for an engine with 10.0:1 CR IMO...

actually toyota has a recall on the 3VZFE engine to be known to blow headgaskets left and right and we have done tons of them on T100, Trucks, 4Runners and Tacomas.... and this is due to a not so well designed headgasket because of having a iron block and aluminum head....

on the M series engines.... they went soft due to the fact htat it is aluminum head but hence they use organic material and not metal headgaskets to start with and with heat in the factor... contraction of the head and the movement of the head is a big factor with cycling the engien from being warm, hot and cold causing the head to move a little on its place causing the headgasket to get damage and blow it after time....

Ive heard of people doing up 7M heads to over 120ft/lb's and not breaking anything (stock studs & gasket). And even have the HG outlast the pistons in 7M-GTE's

I thought 80 was scary enough.