ARP head studs torque?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Torque??

Hi I would use the factory torque settings as the stud will give a better pull down and will be close to the required torque . the only problem with this is that the head torque specified in 2 parts it requires you to tighten down to a specified torque of i thinks its a about 35 ft/lbs you should checks a manual first on that one and then you tighten the bolts or in your case studs thru 2 lots of angle turns 90 deg and a further 90deg . the real problem with that is that the factory bolts are meant to stretch when you do this, so i guess my first bit of advice would over tighten the head . ARP should be able to help you . or an experianced engine builder will give the right advice .

Gee talk about going the long way to answer a question

Please disregard my first statement as i think it is incorect.

Another factor to concider is the type of head gasket weather it is a multi layer metal shim type or the std factory type as this will affect the finisded torque settings.

Now i am sure i have not answered question but i have had a ramble .

Regards oz.

You cant realy use factory specs if you are using the ARP studs. I was just curios what torque you guys use. Not a big problem at all..

ozvenom said:
Hi I would use the factory torque settings as the stud will give a better pull down and will be close to the required torque . the only problem with this is that the head torque specified in 2 parts it requires you to tighten down to a specified torque of i thinks its a about 35 ft/lbs you should checks a manual first on that one and then you tighten the bolts or in your case studs thru 2 lots of angle turns 90 deg and a further 90deg . the real problem with that is that the factory bolts are meant to stretch when you do this, so i guess my first bit of advice would over tighten the head . ARP should be able to help you . or an experianced engine builder will give the right advice .

Gee talk about going the long way to answer a question

Please disregard my first statement as i think it is incorect.

Another factor to concider is the type of head gasket weather it is a multi layer metal shim type or the std factory type as this will affect the finisded torque settings.

Now i am sure i have not answered question but i have had a ramble .

Regards oz.

Here is the method my engine builder used:
35 lbs with oil
50 lbs with oil
70 lbs wait half hour and then
70 lbs wait half hour and then
70 lbs Final torque on 1uzfe block.

70ft/lbs final as Dave's engine builder did should be fine, but typically ARP has a recomended torque for thier head studs and bolts. I'd call them and see what they recomend.