Anyone tried a Whipple/Opcom blower?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

peterpsg

Has anyone actually tried one of the twin screw blowers on their 1uz?

Now that I have got myself an engine, I want to try hooking up a blower to it, and the twin screw seems the the way to go... the cost doesn't bother me... since it's still a lot less than the comparable SBC lump...

I was looking at the 2.3/2.4 litre whipple/opcom units, but was told they were a little large for the 1uz, so I was wondering if anyone has tried the 1.6 litre units... or used the larger one, but with it being underdriven...

I will probably use the www.forcedairtech.com.au manifold, unless there is a better one for the job.
I'll also custom fab an intercooler setup to use the circular Laminova cores that Opcom do, as well as some form of idle bypass...

Cheers,
Pete

because of there positve displacement you can afford too turn them a little slower than normal , the 2.3l twin screw is good for approx 750HP at max revs i'm told
but should be still cabable of good numbers on the 1uz engine without loss of lower rev range power response at the end of the day it comes down to how much power you need (not want)