Anyone running on MS so they can run properly with Boost?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Celica400

I am new to the 1UZ but have 2 Engines that I am currently experimenting with. I also have been reading about Megasquirt and the use of one of these on a 1UZ. I haven't read anything yet where as anyone has actually succeeded in making a 1UZ run but I am sure someone has?

I personally want to drop one of the 1UZ motors I have into my 85 Celica mated to a w58 5spd. I have pretty much figured out how to mate the tranny and motor but I want to also run a set of Skyline Turbo's form two RB25's I believe?? They look like the ones used by the person who wrote the Twin Turbo artical here on Lextreme. In fact that is what inspired me to want to run twin Turbos.

So my questions are, is anyone here successfully running a 1UZ on MS with Boost and where would you recommend I read more about successfully running set-ups? Thanks, Celica400

There is at least one person on the MSnSextra forum that has a 1uzfe running on a megasquirt.
http://www.msextra.com/viewtopic.php?t=21455

I am also planing on running one on a megasquirt and using the factory Crown transmission computer to control the auto. My brother has had the engine sitting around for more than 2 years now so I don't know how long it will be before I complete it. I'm very keen to use the megasquirt on something and have been doing a lot of reading.

I have previous megasquirt experience. To me it was a no brainer for my project. Unfortunatly until I get it off the ground I cant help too much. I personally am chosing to go edis for 2 reasons. 1: Coil packs. 2: no mystery setup or dwell settings. In my experiences almost all edis applications run 1st few cranks, more focus can go to tuning. It all depends on skill level. If you can spare it, many of the name brand units offer you a lot (including support) for the dollars you spend. the fast xfi is the piece Id run if I were to drop serious coin on this build.

Very nice. I have been doing a lot of reading on the MS and I have an older version MS that I am going to retro fit to a 4AGE Red Top in a SR5 Corolla. This is so I too can learn how it works for my Dream of running a 1UZ on MS. I too was thinking the EDIS would be the way to go and have also have been read elsewhere here on Lextreme about using a Special Made Timing wheel to fit in the place of the 12 tooth 1UZ wheel location...

That would be the REAL ideal way if it can be used like a Ford EDIS Wheel and run with an EDIS system....