Anyone Piggybacked an aftermarket ecu and retained full auto controll etc ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uzHiace

Im a newbie to the site .

I have a Hiace van thats just had a 1uzfe and auto box transplanted into it from a chaser, works great and auto works great too as i dont want to run manual or tiptronic , im running chaser facto ecu but the van is too lazy for me , i need a stack load more power and am very keen to look at forced induction.

I'll be needing an aftermarket ecu but want to fully retain the auto without manually shifting or anythign like that, how can i do this, who has had some success with this?

was thinking of piggybacking a link ecu to the stock setup but no one seems to be very confident that it will work,

Im sure there are people out there who have done something similar with good results who can share some advise.

e-mail me [email protected] if you can help cheers

Chasers never had 1UZ's btw.

But you can get auto controllers to control the autobox for you.
I think MV Automatics have on.
However, I don't know if they retain fully automatic functions.

Hello Dwayne

Good to see you in here. Isn't having the starlet turbocharged enough? I have made some comments regarding this issue at http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3170
I believe it can be done and just need someone to prove it can be. The guys at link think it might be possible but are still a little unsure. Neil at microtech might be worth talking to as well. He has a 1UZ in a viva with a fully programable auto ECU. Cost a heap but thats whats he's into. I can get his cell phone number if you need. The other option is get a crown auto ECU and wire that for the box and use the link for the engine. If you are going to force it a link plus would be better - which you would know. Just give it a go and tell us how you get on. Just make sure you can undo it if the factory ECU has issues.

Good luck. Just ask if you want more ideas.

Cheers
Kelvin (Cartune)

Other option I can think of is 1987 and 1988 American MX73 Cressida's use a separate ECU for the auto.
They run the A340E as well.

Maybe get one of those ecu's.??

Sorry im a newbie maybe its a crown or something, Ill talk to the mechanic and find out exactly what we ended up doing.

Im very interested in keeping it auto and runnign in full auto mode, i mean a pimped out Crazy *** van with a huge bodykit / wing is a cruiser and i want it to be as hassle free to drive as possible to drive so i can concentrate on the honeys in the bed at the back .

Peewee said:
Chasers never had 1UZ's btw.

But you can get auto controllers to control the autobox for you.
I think MV Automatics have on.
However, I don't know if they retain fully automatic functions.

Ive done it . Use a MX83 cressida ECU it has the g\box control in it. Needs speed input and throttle position. makes g\box fully automatic

havent visited the site in a while, Hiace off at the suspention place gettign full air bag install, would like to turbo chareg the van when the airbags are done so will be needing as much help as possible to work out how i could retain the auto and run an aftermarket ecu to manage fuel & timing etc.

will e-mail you now

george said:
i have done it on my sc400, im running a microtech and the auto works fine very easy installation gave me no hassles at all. email me at [email protected] if you need any more info

You can reatain the stock auto control in almost any ecu
You need to feed the stock ecu with what it needs to control the tranny aka
The crank sensor signal for rpm
TPS for load....
VSS (speed sensor)...also a load indication....

Keep the outputs connected to the solenoid and your done :)