anyone know?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sykov6

hi guys, ive just been to have a look at a motor at an importers , its a toyota v8 but its code is 1uvz and the waterpump is driven off the fan belt not the cam. any ideas no one has heard of it here in new zealand. i want to buy a toy v8 to put in my ford cortina mk2 to replace a very unreliable chevy v6
cheers dave

they probably have the classification wrong. Have you seen the motor? the only other production V8 motors that I have even known besides the UZ series are the following

V series (V8 (90 degrees), 2.6-4.0L, 1963-1998)

V OHV 2 63-67 2599
3V OHV 2 67-73 2981
4V OHV 2 73-78 3376
4V-E OHV 2 79-83 3376
5V-EU OHV 2 83-90+ 3995
5V-EU OHV 2 86 3995
5V-EU OHV 2 97-98 3995

yeah i was wondering if that could have been the case . i thought that all toy/lex v8s had the waterpump driven from the cambelt this one was driven off the serpintine belt that drives everything else on the front

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 9
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 23
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 12
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 8
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 7
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 11
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 18
cheers thanx for that ill check em out. another question how strong is the factory auto? will it stand up to a few skids and some dragging or should i get an adapter plate made for my gmh turbo 350 with hi stall and shift kit?

Hi sykov6, I am very curious as to how you go if you decide to fit the Lexus 1UZFE V8 into your Mk2 Cortina. I am scheming the possibility of doing the same. I have seen 351 Clevelands drop straight into the Mk2 Cortina and figure if they will fit, so will the 1UZ. I have a Mk1 Cortina with a Holden Commodore V6 and auto that I have nearly finished and will now focus on putting a 1UZFE Lexus V8 and auto into my Mk2 Zephyr ute. After that ( I'm talking in years) I considered the 1UZ into a Mk2 Cortina. If you go ahead, you will finish years before me so I would be interested to see how you go. I am guessing it will bee a breeze. They are no bigger than a Cleveland, the auto smaller than a C4, heaps lighter, and are heaps superior in every area than a stock 351 C. Kevin

I'd go the adapter route.

You'll need an adaptor between the bellhousing and engine or modify the Toyota bell and bolt it to the pump bolts like this http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/techarticles/135_0504_trans/

You will need to modify the 1UZ flex plate to bolt to the T/H torque converter plus modify the snout of the torque converter to fit the inside of the 1UZ crank.

The last concern is the spacing of the flex plate t/c as you may need to use spacers or you may need to find some room.

All in all not too hard to do and you can build a tought T/H a lot cheaper the the Toyota/Lexus trans.

kpwemu said:
Hi sykov6, I am very curious as to how you go if you decide to fit the Lexus 1UZFE V8 into your Mk2 Cortina. I am scheming the possibility of doing the same. I have seen 351 Clevelands drop straight into the Mk2 Cortina and figure if they will fit, so will the 1UZ. I have a Mk1 Cortina with a Holden Commodore V6 and auto that I have nearly finished and will now focus on putting a 1UZFE Lexus V8 and auto into my Mk2 Zephyr ute. After that ( I'm talking in years) I considered the 1UZ into a Mk2 Cortina. If you go ahead, you will finish years before me so I would be interested to see how you go. I am guessing it will bee a breeze. They are no bigger than a Cleveland, the auto smaller than a C4, heaps lighter, and are heaps superior in every area than a stock 351 C. Kevin
yeah should go in easy as the car already has been modded for bigger engine with large trans tunnel,vented discs,4spot calipers,mk3 zeph hubs, 8in with 4.11s and mini spool. has run 12s with v6 chevy [approx 320 hp] so should go just as good with 1uz. heres a pic http://img388.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thebay.jpg

Zuffen said:
I'd go the adapter route.

You'll need an adaptor between the bellhousing and engine or modify the Toyota bell and bolt it to the pump bolts like this http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/techarticles/135_0504_trans/

You will need to modify the 1UZ flex plate to bolt to the T/H torque converter plus modify the snout of the torque converter to fit the inside of the 1UZ crank.

The last concern is the spacing of the flex plate t/c as you may need to use spacers or you may need to find some room.

All in all not too hard to do and you can build a tought T/H a lot cheaper the the Toyota/Lexus trans.
cheers for the link dude. i already have a tough t/h 350 and 3000 stall and theirs a guy here in my town who does alot of adaptions so should go easy. the only thing that im worried about is where im going to hide all the wiring as my engine bay is deloomed and clean as

It isn't hard to hide the wiring on the engine.

The tough bit is the tail going to the ECU. Try running it down the top of the bellhousing where it won't be see too easilly.

Attachments

• Celexus2.jpg
    Celexus2.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 84
thats a nice looking setup. the 1uz should fit in there easy. if wired nicely, the only ones that will be seen are the injector plug wires, which dont look too bad (or they will be hidden if you keep the factory plastic covers). the rest can be hidden if you run an aftermarket ecu. this will also get rid of stuff like the MAF sensor, emissions stuff, etc. good luck with your swap.