Any 240z's with 1uzfe?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

v8 bum

I've searched the z forums and have come up with a couple that seem to have done it but I can't find any tech info anywhere, has anyone here got any info?

Check out http://forums.hybridz.org and do a search on 1UZ. This seems to be the hangout for people who like to do engine swaps and bodykits with their Z's. IIRC there were a couple of guys interested in the 1UZ about 6-9 months ago and I steered them over here.

John

what do you want to know?

i can say you need a rear sump, new engine mounts, the gearbox mount lines up almost exactly with the L24 gearbox mount (just have to space the crossmember down 18-20mm with block spacers and longer bolts to line the tailshaft angles up), speedo cable is exactly the same, lots of room for exhaust but you will need to mod your oil filter lines and make it a remote fitting.

when you get the tailshaft made, get a whole new one made with bigger unis. the stock nissan L24 ones are one size smaller than the old kingswood banjo unis and they pop like they're going out of fashion.

Thanks for the info, I've been to hybridz but my account isn't activated yet so i can't post.

So I have to get a rear sump soarer engine, is it hard to mod the oil lines and from what I've researched you have to use the crown ecu with this engine to get it to work with the supra 5spd, is this correct?

you know, ive been thinking about a 240Z with a LS1 bored and stroked out to 427 and turboing it... but more on that later(much later, in about a few years)

I want to stick a 1UZ in just about every car I see.

I'm sorry, I really don't have anything useful to add to this thread (I will say though that I'd love to see a 1UZ 240Z because it's a great idea... and now I want one too).

a 1JZGTE slots in a 240Z pretty easy - so whatever sump they have use that configuration (which i'm sure is a "rear" sump).

crown ECU has gearbox and engine spearate. so use the engine ECU and you're away.

oil lines cost me $114 at ENZED with hi-temp oil line to be modified.

V8Bum,

Search threads by 400ZED.

Stirling has a 240Z with the 1UZ.

He lives in Gypmie in sunny Queensland but is overseas for a while so not on the Board.

His posts may give you some leads. Additionally there are some good photos of a 240 engine bay with the engine in it on the Forum.

Keep searching.

don;t get scared dude - just measure, measure, measure, measure, mark, measure, measure, measure, cut inside the marks, measure, measure, measure, cut out to the new marks after realising it was a bit out.

did i mention that you need to measure a few times...?