alternator wires ??

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8_IS200_marcus

Hi guys, i have wired up the 1UZ to my IS200, the only thing i have not wired up is the alternator? can any one tell me what wires i have to use from the "alternator"

Thanks

Hi guys, i have wired up the 1UZ to my IS200, the only thing i have not wired up is the alternator? can any one tell me what wires i have to use from the "alternator"

Thanks

Ok i know i need to use the 12v+ but i also have a plug with 4 or 5 wires, would any one know what ones i need to use, as im unsure :33:

On the LS 400 Alternator you have the following

A large bolt on connector thats for main power out going back into the battery through a 120 amp fuse.

You then have a seperate connector with three wires into it

Pin 1 white and blue 12 volt output goes to battery with a 40 amp fuse

Pin 3 black and yellow 12 volt output goes to engine loom through 7.5 amp fuse

Pin 2 yellow This is the charge light and needs to be fed from the ignition switch via a 7.5 amp fuse, the current then flows through the lamp and into the alternator regulator. Without a 12 volt feed into it, the regulator in the alternator will not allow charge to be developed. When it has a 12 volt feed the regulator then allows the alternator to develop a charge which in turn then cancels out the feed from the warning light( effectively removing the earth for the light) the light then goes out indicating that the alternator is charging correctly.

I would imagine that you may have to splice the wires from the IS loom into the wires on the LS 400 plug. If so a call to Lexus Technical help should give you the correct wiring diagram for the IS, but the main thing is to find out which IS wire is the charge light wire.

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tonyd, Thank you for that, thats alot of help....i have the IS wireing diagram, i was just unsure what each wire did on the LS400 Alt, and now i know :) Thanks, you top guy.........

On the LS 400 Alternator you have the following

A large bolt on connector thats for main power out going back into the battery through a 120 amp fuse.

You then have a seperate connector with three wires into it

Pin 1 white and blue 12 volt output goes to battery with a 40 amp fuse

Pin 3 black and yellow 12 volt output goes to engine loom through 7.5 amp fuse

Pin 2 yellow This is the charge light and needs to be fed from the ignition switch via a 7.5 amp fuse, the current then flows through the lamp and into the alternator regulator. Without a 12 volt feed into it, the regulator in the alternator will not allow charge to be developed. When it has a 12 volt feed the regulator then allows the alternator to develop a charge which in turn then cancels out the feed from the warning light( effectively removing the earth for the light) the light then goes out indicating that the alternator is charging correctly.

I would imagine that you may have to splice the wires from the IS loom into the wires on the LS 400 plug. If so a call to Lexus Technical help should give you the correct wiring diagram for the IS, but the main thing is to find out which IS wire is the charge light wire.

Cheers,

Tony

on the plug its;

white is constant power,
yellow/red is ignition or switched power (tells the alt to turn on);

yellow is alt light, note; this wire completes an earth connection !

Hi mate, right on the ATL i have 2 big white wires, you say this go,s to the battery through a 120 amp fuse, this is the connecter on the end of the wire,
ATLconnecter003.jpg

do i conneted that to the battery or do i connect it to the fuse block, as in the next pic,
ATLconnecter006.jpg

and as you can see in this next pic, i have a plug with 6 wires, 3 are for the ATL, and the plug thats white gos to the oil sender on the sump but they also go to the 6 pin plug, now if i cut the 6 pin plug of so i can wire up the ATL wire,s, i then have to try and wire up the oil sensor on the sump. here the pic any way

ATLconnecter004.jpg

and i take it the Black and yellow 12 v gos to this wire as its the ATL-s wire in the pic, you can see and this gos to the fuse block
ATLconnecter007.jpg

im unsure by your 1st post mate, as you say the large bolt on connecter, gos to battery, + the white and blue one gos to battery with a 40amp fuse, is that right or not! sorry for this but i just want to make sure i understand this right!!

Hi mate, thanks for geting back to me about this, just dont want to go f****ing anything up, i will try what you have said and see what happens...