Alternator diagnose help please.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Bali26

I'm using a rebuilt alternator in my LS400 91 model. No PS oil leak. Wire connections are ok. Belt is tight.

After about 8 miles of driving, 5 dash lights come on. Batt, brake, oil, coolant, rear lamp. If im stopped at a traffic light they go off but on acceleration they come on again. Driving on highway they go off.

Battery charges fine and lights are all bright. I had the alternator tested and it tests fine.

Could it be the voltage regulator? Is the alternator overcharging? Did they not rebuilt it to be 100 amps?

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks...

weird. dash is possesed perhaps?

Attachments

• IMG_1666.JPG
    IMG_1666.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_1667.JPG
    IMG_1667.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1669.JPG
    IMG_1669.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_1684.JPG
    IMG_1684.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1689.JPG
    IMG_1689.JPG
    75.9 KB · Views: 189
I had the very same problem, the regulator in the alternator is FUBAR. Is your steering pump leaking? oil gets into the alternator, mixes with carbon dust from the brushes and shorts out the regulator

hey man, i know its kinda late but i have an issue with the alternator intermittently not charging then charging. Also, had to change all relays to get the required voltage to efficiently start the engine. I have an ignition bypass to remote start the car.

Back on the subject at hand, i have intermitten charging problems and had the alternator and ps pump replaced in june of 2006. I should have more life on the alternator, right, and could a ps leak cause intermittent problem with charging?

any help would be greatly appreciated and if i find something out before a response, i will let yall know

later

-T