All parts considered for a turbo...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

Going for the turbo on my 1uz-fe...Bidding on a Garrett GT35R now, I want to what other parts I will need to complete the single turbo setup on my 1uz-fe.. Excluding all exhaust piping.... I plan on running somewhere in between 400-500whp whp on this setup... What fuel injectors to get? Blowoff valve, etc...A little help please from you turbo guys would be most appreciated...

Purchase list -

1) GT35R Single exhaust Turbo
2) ?
3) ?

Injectors, your probably going to want to run a set of 550cc's being that they will support a little over 600 flywheel hp so would be enough to get you thet 500whp.

Intercooler, there are several out there. I have personaly used one of the "Ebay special" Treadstone ones on another project and was very surprised at the quality and performace of the unit especially for the price

Intercooler piping, custom made.

Blowoff valve, well to me that is someting that is of a personal choice. Most of them will do what they are intended for, Personaly, I like the Blitz units, but thats just me.

Do you have any ideas as to what you are wanting to do for fuel and Ign. control?

Dont forger about oil supply and drain for the turbo and water feeds if its a watercooled center section.

Thanks guys...

So far the list goes like this -

1) Garrett Turbo GT35R
2) 550CC injectors
3) Intercooler
4) ECU Piggyback (Undetermined as of the moment) many to consider and choose from.
5) Blow off vavle (blitz)
6) Custom V exhaust piping and intercooler feed lines...(hoping Lex will help with that)
7) ?

Anything else I should consider shoping for? I am looking to Ebay, Amazon, Recycler.com, and Craigs list for most parts...

honestly i wouldn't go with 550cc injectors off the bat. I'd go with stock injectors off the batt and get it tuned with them at about 7 psi and then move from there. also i would probably only go to 440cc after stock b/c the 2jz guys usually go 1cc per rwhp on a 6 cylinder so 550cc would support 550rwhp, so with 8 injectors they would be smaller. Also i don't know how you plan to go over 400rwhp on a stock engine on our pump gas or if you are going with a built engine? Some engine management that has really caught my eye lately is the e-manage ultimate, fuel and timing control and looks like about as close to a standalone while still be a piggyback as you can get. you'll need a wastegate also, many people have been happy with ebay knock off wastegates and blow-off valves. You could even start with a universal intercooler piping kit off there for cheap and cut and make adjustments to get it to work.

Turbo
Turbo Manifold
Y pipe connect the connectors
Down Pipe
BOV
Intercooler Core
Intercooler piping
3''-4''down pipe
550 Injectors
Boost Controller

Eh...that's all I could think of for now. LOL

manifold

if anyone is making, or has a manifold for sale i am very interested. i want to remove eaton and go twin turbo. any help or info is greatly appreciated.

You can search you know guys...shitloads of info on this site, try searching before asking questions we've all seen a million times...can start to wear a little thin eh.

Don't mean to sound cranky but it's hell annoying when half the posts have been dealt with time after time.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 266
  • side.jpg
    side.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 257
take a nap

jibbby asked a simple question and asked for advice on what people are CURRENTLY considering using for turbo setups. if someone posted a turbo setup 2 years ago that may be as pertinent as info from today and also advice will vary from post to post. as i am leaving the supercharger realm and going turbo i inquired about a turbo manifold. this forum is here to help and further knowledge about the 1uzfe so there should not be any bashing when people ask for assistance from fellow members.

Cooter,

Welcome to our forum. I am working very closely with Jibbby to produce a functional, affortable and ease of use single turbo system. Matter of fact we are getting together this Friday to draw up details on it. Why single? Its much easy for an average user to install. Our goal for this system will be around 350 to 400 rwhp.

Once the prototype is made then testings and dynos for some real numbers. From there if demand is there we will produce it. Once again, this is for the average Lexus user. Its not meant for all out performance. This system will allow all accesories... and boost at every low end.

lextreme

thank-you for the reply. i considered single turbo but i would really like a twin setup. i am going to speak with a few people locally about a turbo manifold for my application but if you have any additional advice i would be more than happy to hear it. i know that you have been a pioneer in the turbo setup for the 1uz and i would be honored and appeciative to hear anything that will help me achieve my goals. take care.

I agree that 440\450cc injectors will do. Much easier to find and cheaper than 550's. I'm using 450cc from Mitsubishi Eclipse.

440cc inj are only good for just over 500hp flywheel at 85% duty cycle. Yeah, that will get him roughly 400 whp, but no room for more.

And 550's will support 550rwhp on a 6cyl, Sorry, not going to happen, unless you are running like 2:1 or 3:1 raising rate FPR and or running the injectors at 100% duty cycle or if they are running additional injectors. Its actually 1cc = roughly 1hp Flywheel not drive wheel

If what was said is true, then this would basically tell RC injection that they are wrong and would also tell me that my past dyno runs are wrong.

yadda yadda, do a search...where's the bashing????? that's pretty good advice in my book and save's the rest of us rehashing ground that's been gone over ....mulitiple times. If you ask me it's just plain manners to at least have a try yourself before impinging on others eh...sounds fair? i think so.

If a search had been done the questions would have been A) a bit more targetted than 'how long is a piece of string?' and B) enable useful input from those with the experience.

Take a nap? sheesh touchy

440cc inj are only good for just over 500hp flywheel at 85% duty cycle. Yeah, that will get him roughly 400 whp, but no room for more.

And 550's will support 550rwhp on a 6cyl, Sorry, not going to happen, unless you are running like 2:1 or 3:1 raising rate FPR and or running the injectors at 100% duty cycle or if they are running additional injectors. Its actually 1cc = roughly 1hp Flywheel not drive wheel

If what was said is true, then this would basically tell RC injection that they are wrong and would also tell me that my past dyno runs are wrong.

Sorry happened, here is a dyno run with a 6 cylinder making 540rwhp on 525cc injectors so with 550cc would actually make more that 550rwhp, granted they are pretty maxed out. I punched in 8 550cc injectors into a injector size calculator and it said that was enough for 720hp crank @ 90% duty. I just think 550cc injectors are overkill and will cause rich conditions because stock ecu's even with a piggyback in this case have problem with 550cc sized injectors.

http://www.clubna-t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1387

Fellas thanks for the good turbo input...and yes I am working with LEX on a single turbo setup but wanted to here from your guys also on what your best thoughts and suggestions would be as to the best parts to support this single turbo setup.....Mainly posted so I would have a broader idea of what parts to look for, etc.. I am now just learning about the specific's with the Turbo's...

As far as using the search, I wanted the current opinions of the single 1uz-fe turbo setups and parts list to go with the GT35R...The search function was lacking on this specific setup......So chill cooter, I hate repeat threads too, thanks bud.......