Air conditioning removal and weight?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I busted a nasty freon leak behind the engine and have not fixed it in over a year... I live by the beach where it is cool most of the time...I am now considering removing the entire air conditioning system and wondering how much weight reduction I will gain? I am putting my SC4 on a diet...

Compressor, pipes, etc... Any idea? I am thinking maybe 40lbs or so...does that sound right?

Re-sale I will take a big hit by doing this. However, At this point though these early model SC's are selling for dirt cheap, so one has to ask themselves will it really matter anyway by removing the A/C?...

I just removed mine two days ago along with the of the AC pippings in the engine baby. I also plan to remove some of the powersteering hose brackets too. I am also going to remove the AC condensor. I think if you want to save weight, the driver need to go into a diet first....LOL...

Diet? See food diet maybe.....All the food I see I eat....

So how much does all the A/C stuff weigh? Ditching the A/C means that one less pulley to work off the crank also, that's gotta free up a few ponies.....It's a double win...

Attachments

• IMG_0870.JPG
    IMG_0870.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0872.JPG
    IMG_0872.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 103