ADUS bushings for SC's and Supra's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

These relatively unknown Poly bushings are made by a company called ADUS, these bushing are a little stiffer then well known Daisen bushings and were used by nascar...I find them to be closer to the OEM bushings on the Supra's and better then the Daisens... If you are looking for a slightly stiffer and more responsive bushing that cost less then look into these..

I got these from a friend that works with Nascar performance parts... He told me they were selling on Ebay or can be looked up under the Company name "ADUS BUSHINGS"

Thought I might post this as an alternative to the Daisens for everyone.....Here are some pics..

John,

Your Nascar bushings are surely better than the Daizens. There's another manufacturer named Armstrong that make similar bushings like yours. The reason these are better is because they have the lips that'll hold the grease inside the shells. I just spent 1 full day to take out the Daizen's lower control arm bushings and replaced them with the rubber bushings with the shells. Oh man! These rubber bushings are so amazing. They ride so smooth, I love them so much. As a consequence, I'll increase the stiffness from my Tein Super Street to make the ride balance.

After I took out the Daizen's bushings, I found totally no grease left inside and around the bushings, although I re-greased them with a lot of grease 6 months ago. They became so dry and squeaky every time I step on the brake. They even gave a really harsh ride, too. You remember that I've been complaining a little bit about the Tein. I was wrong, the Tein isn't that stiff. The stiffness is from the Daizens'. Honestly, I don't ever recommend using the Daizens' again unless the car is for track use. However, the Daizens' are really good at cornering and lane changing.

Here are the rubber bushings with shells. I'll take a picture of those dry Daizen bushings tomorrow.

-Steve, that is what I have been trying to tell everyone, that the Daisens really aren't that good...Mine even started to mushroom out on me after one week...My Daisens ended up in the garbage can....Steve, if you want these front LCA bushings I can mail them too you asap, or you can come pick them up at my house.....PM me and let me know...I can give up the set except for the rear bushings which I plan to install when I get the time.... no problem........

John,
Thanks for your offer. I'm currently using those rubber bushings with outer shells and I'm happy with them. I drove my SC to 95 mph and there's no vibration at all. I hope those bushings will last at least another 5 years. Nonetheless, if these bushings go out, I'll definitely go with the Supra control arms. I'm also starting to like my Tein SS a lot more.

Good deal Steve with the Armstrong bushing, now those look almost exactly like the OEM bushings......

So the Tein SS coilovers are gettiing the job done for you...That is good to hear...I am still set on getting the Tein flex's one of these days.....See ya...

I don't know who made the bushings that I'm using. One interested thing is now we know there're more than one manufacturers who make those bushings, and not just Daizen or Todd who sells them most...:mischievo Now we know at least 5 manufacturers who make them. (1) Daizen, (2) Nascar or ADUS, (3) the ones that I'm using, (4) Vlamos, (5) and Armstrong. I also heard but I am not confirmed that the Lexus factory also has these bushings with shells for 1997 to 2000 SC (although these fit on 1992-1996). That's why the Lexus dealer can only shows "discontinued" bushings for 1992-1996. However, if we ask for 1997 and newer, the computer should show current bushings. If that's true, that's the big flaw in the Lexus computer system.

Anyway, you and I have spent a great amount of time and $$$ in those discarded Daizen's bushings. The one thing that I like about the Daizen is their swaybar bushings and steering rack bushings. They're good and very firm without giving troubles.
jibbby said:
Good deal Steve with the Armstrong bushing, now those look almost exactly like the OEM bushings......

So the Tein SS coilovers are gettiing the job done for you...That is good to hear...I am still set on getting the Tein flex's one of these days.....See ya...

Steve, I agree with everything you just said...Also good finds....You are also right in saying the Daisen rack bushing are superior..I am not sure about the sway bushings...but I will take your word for it...

Ok, here are the Daizen bushings after being taken out. No grease left. All grease were pushed out during the flexes/stretches of the control arms. That's why they squeak so bad. I believe the AUDS and Armstrong would hold the grease better. But man, I love the rubber bushings that I'm using.

Just a note: If anyone want these Daizen bushings and the factory metal cores, please send me a private message.