Additional oil cooling for the A341e transmission

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alouette

I am planning on using the A341e transmission in a project 4x4 vehicle. I live in one of the hottest parts of South Africa. Summer hits just above 45deg C (113 deg F) and winter sits at allmost 30deg C (86 deg F). Just like in Australia I have to design around the high temperature. With the torque converter working hard for the 4x4, as well as a hot atmospehric temp I am fairly sure that I will need to put in a decent transmission cooler.

Does the A341e have piping for an oil cooler? Ie are there going to be hoses coming in/out of the box that I can/must connect up to a cooler?

On a previous project vehicle I installed a small oil cooler (About 250mm X 150mm) for the engine oil. If there are cooling lines from the transmission, does anyone have an idea of operating pressures, and would a similar oil cooler work?

Are you using a tranny out of a Soarer or celsior? These transmissions have a n inlet/return line for the radiator (small OEM cooler inside). just take the 2 lines and run them to the cooler.

looks like you have a permanent summer over in south africa. I would advise a BIG cooler, normally cold weather makes components take longer to warm up but in your case the bigger the trans cooler the better. Are you planning on running N/A? or using a blower? if N/A then standard trans coller is fine, if FI then I would get a much larger unit.

spf_lexus

It depends where you go in SA - there are cooler areas but I stay in one of the hottest parts!!!!!

We are not so fortunate here in terms of engine and gearbox supply - we get the "lower" quality engines and transmissions (Not even a half cut - just the engine and if you are lucky it will still have its gearbox mounted, otherwise that will be seperate too). We can't choose by vehicle type but only by "this engine or that one", same with the gearbox. Also no stock ECU's or transmission controllers, they all have to be aftermarket.

I will not be running a blower so it will be stock. I am in agreement with the bigger the better in terms of the cooling. Am looking at installing one of the "cooling packs" ie oil cooler with built on fan. Alternatively I might place the oil cooler in the main airflow, AFTER the standard radiator - all depends on space (which is ALLWAYS too little!!!)