adapting supra 6spd to 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
sounds like the gearbox will never be the same afterwards, hehe...

i would feel aweful knowing i hacked up a getrag... but that's just me... that's why im going the adaptor route....

andrew, have you figured the distance differences between the 2jz and 1uz when mounted in the supra yet???

thanks.

Here are some pics of the getrag stacked on the 1UZ, with Supra flywheel, clutch, and pp. BTW, the Supra pilot bushing fits perfectly on the 1UZ crankshaft, so no issue there. There is about an extra 1/4" needed between the bellhousing and the 1UZ. I would make an adapter plate, bolting the 1uZ to the plate then the plate to the getrag, but there are many spots where the 1UZ bolt holes overlap (but not perfectly) the getrag, so I don't see how you could do that easily. To remove all of the material on the getrag, to wipe out all previous bolt holes, and add the 1/4" space, I am looking at a flange that is 1-7/16" thick.

so that's around 37-38mm flange after you remove the mounting points on the getrag.... with that measurement, the getrag with new flange and 1uz should sit perfectly alligned in the supra????

andrew, honestly, i dont think i could do this without the research you've already put into this conversion.... thanks so much.

R-Jay, I think so. I need to jack up the car and measure from rear diff to 1UZ engine, then compare to the new tranny length and driveshaft. There is usually a little play in these 2 piece driveshafts, so hopfully it will be no problem at all. Honestly, if anything, the 1UZ sits just a hair forward than the 2JZ, hopefully perfectly making up for that 1/4" extra space on the tranny flange.

BTW, onlinemetals.com has 16" x 16" x 1.5" T6061 Aluminum for $500. Not sure if that's a good price, but in single quantity it may be. I am going to check locally and see how it compares.

woah... that's alot for a piece of aluminium plate... what grade is that equal to? any idea what other alloys can be used to join to the getrag??