A650e Improvements?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Spinnetti

I road race my 91LS with a 98GS400 driveline. The shifts are slow and slurred which is great for grandpa, but not great for racing - only the 4-5 shift feels at all crisp. I know about shimming the valves, but was thinking a fresh upgraded trans would be nice. Is the stock converter ok or do they need work? Anybody have experience with these guys? https://www.powerdynamix.com/store/Fully-Built-A650E-Transmission-p42753794

I road race my 91LS with a 98GS400 driveline. The shifts are slow and slurred which is great for grandpa, but not great for racing - only the 4-5 shift feels at all crisp. I know about shimming the valves, but was thinking a fresh upgraded trans would be nice. Is the stock converter ok or do they need work? Anybody have experience with these guys? ONLINE STORE | Power Dynamix
Is the stock converter ok or do they need work?---High stall converter will do wonders. you can check Dragon converter or IPT. I don't know if Lextreme still sells his...

Well, I gave powerdynamics a shot - more clutches, cryo treat, valve body mods etc. Just got it back in, racing in a couple weeks and will see how it does. Definitely shifts a lot harder now, but no idea yet how it will perform on track. Auto trans still a bit voodoo to me. Still on stock converter, but not sure if/what a higher stall would do for me on a road circuit (not drag racing - my daily driver is an 11 sec car already lol)

Well, I gave powerdynamics a shot - more clutches, cryo treat, valve body mods etc. Just got it back in, racing in a couple weeks and will see how it does. Definitely shifts a lot harder now, but no idea yet how it will perform on track. Auto trans still a bit voodoo to me. Still on stock converter, but not sure if/what a higher stall would do for me on a road circuit (not drag racing - my daily driver is an 11 sec car already lol)
high stall will increase your 0-60 but you will actually lose on the top end.Only useful for 1000-3000prm launch IMHO

Finally tried out the new trans. and it puts the power down much better and shifts hard, but the shift logic is still garbage, and sometimes hits the rev limiter without shifting and yo-yos in and out of gear bases on TPS. Has anybody had any luck with an aftermarket controller? I'd like to be able to change the auto shift points for each gear, and have it only shift up or down by speed, and ignore TPS. I wonder what it'd do without a TPS reference? Could be simplest mod ever?