A340 Trans Q's

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

MaxPower

Iam looking at building an auto trans controller similar to Kdog's tiptronic but i want it to shift automatically. Basically i know the programming side of things, I just need to know which soleniod needs to be on for it to select certain gears.

Here ya go

1st = S1 On S2 Off

2nd = S1 On S2 On

3rd = S1 Off S2 On

OD = S1 Off S2 Off

JD

Ok Max,

If you make the auto tiptronic control. You know i have to Tax you one....lol...Just kidding. Good luck and let us know the good news.. love to see more people doing what u are doing.

what do i do with that cable. it shifts like a grandmar at the moment won't chirp second at 6500RPM has any one had luck with shift kits.

Thought id just give an update on this. Got the hardware all sussed and have most of the shifting alogorithms sorted, based it on the way the Delco runs a 4L60E.

The problem i have at the moment is the the lockup clutch and the shift firmness. I have a switch for power/economy and want it to shift ealier and smoother in economy mode. The 4L60E uses a 32hz PWM signal to lock the TCC, about 50% duty is enough to lock it - anyone know the specs to lock the A34xE??? Iam also not sure about the line pressure solenoid and what frequency it requires.

Iam going on saturday to get the factory repair manual to take a closer look but the flick through i had the other week didnt tell me much about the electronics side of things.

400ZED, you can leave the cable loose if you want. You will have to adjust it until you get what is about the right feel for you. Go to one extreme to the other to work out which way you want to go and then do finer adjustments.

MaxPower
The No4 solenoid or Accumulator pressure solenoid runs at about 15% duty cycle at idle.
During a gear change it goes to about 50%
It has a frequency of 330Hz

The No3 solenoid, or lock up solenoid goes is at around 15% duty cylce under normal condition. When in lock mode it goes to about 85%
It has a frequency of 330Hz

You can fiddle with both duty ratios if it makes the gearbox smoother/lockup better.