A340 Tiptronic Control, PWM Solenoids?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ivan129

BlownZX
Gents I am running a Tiptronic Controller (my own design) for my A340E transmission fitted behind a 1UZFE. It works fine but I am contemplating modifying the software to Pulse Width Modulate the switching of the transmission solenoids to reduce power consumption and hence heat transfer from the solenoids into the trany oil.
Can anyone tell me if the OEM controller PWM's the solenoids and if so at what duty cycle. A 95% on, 5% off duty cycle equates almost to a 10% power savings which will help to lower trany oil temp. :)

Did you ever get any mods to the controller to reduce the heat?

Been thinking of this to do to my GS400 (98) to give it full manual control when desired.

Gents I am running a Tiptronic Controller (my own design) for my A340E transmission fitted behind a 1UZFE. It works fine but I am contemplating modifying the software to Pulse Width Modulate the switching of the transmission solenoids to reduce power consumption and hence heat transfer from the solenoids into the trany oil.
Can anyone tell me if the OEM controller PWM's the solenoids and if so at what duty cycle. A 95% on, 5% off duty cycle equates almost to a 10% power savings which will help to lower trany oil temp. :)